Chapter 19

Astrid

After a long explanation and an even longer reassurance that I'm okay, everyone got back to practicing.

Coach didn't even seem mad that I had distracted everybody by my little storytelling.

What caught me off guard the most was everyone's agreement that if I needed anything, to just ask. This was nice because up to this point, I feel like I've been going at everything alone, but now I have my whole team supporting me.

After I took my gear off, I went to the stands, Luka sat next to me and we watched everyone practice. Of course, every now and then we would holler and heckle some unlucky sap during a drill.

It was a good thing Coach was in a good mood, because he didn't make anyone skate and he even let practice out early.

Luka patted my knee then proceeded down to the training room.

I decided to go wait outside the locker room while everyone got undressed, just to avoid any awkward situations.

The first person to walk out, Isaac, a pretty damn good forward, startled when he saw me.

"Jeez Aid, you scared me." Isaac put his hand on his chest and let out a shaky breath.

"Sorry."

"Why are you waiting out here?" Isaac tilted his head and asked me.

"Well my bags in there, but I don't want to make any uncomfortable if I go in there." I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

Isaac scoffed, "Nonsense. It's not like we're naked in there. Now the showers you'll have to watch out for, but otherwise, we've all come to an agreement that it's your locker room as much as it is ours."

"Wait, everyone agreed?" I balked.

"Everyone voted yes the first time Ryder proposed a vote." His dark eyebrows shot up in emphasis.

"Ryder proposed a vote?!" Now I thought Isaac was lying.

"Yes ma'am, now march in there and get your bag. See you tomorrow." He waved goodbye and began his trek down that long cement hallway.

I watched him go for a little while before I finally got the courage to knock on the locker room door.

I knocked twice before I pushed open the old heavy door.

All the guys were thankfully dressed from the waist down and most barely paid attention to me as I skittered across the locker room.

The Ülf twins sat on either side of my bag and they grinned at me the whole way to my bag.

Of course, neither had shirts on and neither seemed to give any care. Their chests were solid, with a very noticeable six-pack on each of them. They looked as if they worked out every day.

My appreciation for their built bodies didn't go unnoticed. Corey flexed his chest when he noticed I had been staring and both of their grins grew even more. They didn't say anything though even when I drew nearer.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag, hoping to get out as fast as possible.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side.

For some reason, my eyes flicked to Ryder's usual spot and I found myself unable to look away from him.

Where the twins had spent every day in the gym trying to perfect, Ryder was carved from pure marble.

Most men would kill to have the body that Ryder had.

Ryder paused in putting his shirt on. Leaving it hanging on his neck, all while I ran my eyes slowly down his body.

A perfect V was where my eyes settled. Holy Norse Gods.

My brain and mouth stopped working completely. Ryder's body was so perfect.

"Careful might bite your tongue by accident." Ice blue eyes smirked at me.

He thinks this is funny.

I've lost all speech and thoughts and he finds it funny.

"Come on, Darling. Let's wipe your drool." Henrik threw his arm around me and started to guide me out of the locker room.

Ryder still hadn't put his shirt on, instead he watched me leave.

Suddenly I realized that Henrik wasn't guiding me to the locker room door. He is leading me to Ryder.

Henrik stopped us both in front of Ryder. Thoughts still evaded me until Henrik said the worst possible thing ever. "Wanna come over later?" He asked Ryder with a playful hint to his voice.

I once again found my voice and thoughts. "What no!" I turned and said to Henrik... who just smirked at me. Asshole.

Ryder's eyes flicked to me, the coolness in his eyes studying me. "I would love to." An unusual and foreign thing crept across Ryder's face. A smile.

"Wonderful," Henrik said and before I could protest anymore, he led me out of the locker room.

He continued his trek down the hallway, but I stopped. "What was that about?!" Anger started to rise in me, even when Henrik's brown eyes turned to me.

"You guys need to talk out whatever you have against each other. And I don't see a more perfect time." A self-satisfied smirk rested on Henrik's face. I felt an overwhelming urge to slap it right off his face.

"You had no right." I tried to sound stern even when my resolve started to crack. He does have a point.

Henrik still smirked, "Fine, then go in there and tell him he's not welcome." I didn't move. "Alrighty then. We should stop and get some groceries for dinner." He turned and continued his trek down the hallway.

Despite my anger, I couldn't help but follow him to his truck. Only stopping to give my keys to Luka so Bentley could drive my jeep home.

Henrik and I drove to the nearest grocery store in silence. I was still working on tampering down my anger when we got the groceries and checked out.

We found ourselves back at my place way before anyone else would be, so I took the time to start making dinner. Henrik decided he too wanted to help, and together we threw together some amazing chicken alfredo.

Dinner was finished just as Luka and Bentley arrived. Not long after that, the twins pulled in, and much to my dismay, Ryder's huge Dodge pulled in next door.

All three walked in together and I groaned internally when I met his blue stare.

~~~~~~
Thanks for reading Chapter 19. I hope you liked this chapter. Feel free to leave feedback.
~Until Next Chapter