30

I sat up all damn night, checking my phone every few minutes like a fucking chump, a desperate fucking chump. This was bullshit but it was my own damn fault.

I slid my suit jacket on, adjusting the cuff links before heading out. I had Goldmann's wife in an hour. I needed to focus on the task at hand and pissed off was exactly how I needed to feel to handle her this morning.

I grabbed for the door, feeling the buzz in my jacket, my phone letting off just the single twitch, a message. Fuck, it was enough to give me another goddamn heart attack. Chill, just fucking chill. It might not even be her.

I yanked it out, seeing her name on the screen with a coffee cup emoji right under it.

I'd never been so fucking happy to see a picture, it was almost as gratifying as a pussy shot.

I raced to the elevator. That message meant now right? Fuck, that's why I hated that shit, it wasn't efficient.

I charged the pavement, feeling the worst fucking mix of heaven and hell. I didn't know what she was gonna say and I didn't know how I was gonna react.

I had one fucking focus and there she was, waiting outside the doors, and she looked just as fucking hot as the steaming tea she was holding.

I had lost all fucking control, charging straight for her.

She gave me a polite wave, like she was forced, her usual sexy smile just a smirk before she opened her mouth.

"Luca, we need to..."

I ran right into her, pinning her back against the wall, my hands locking her head in place as I crashed my lips against hers, smashing her nose, scraping her cheeks, not giving a damn how rough my kiss was.

Her arms flew over me, tea spilling against the wall, adding to the fucking heat and aroma I was inhaling as I devoured her.

Fuck! These lips! Slippery, peach, tasty as hell and I know I was being sloppy, mashing against her mouth like it was my last fucking meal but my lips were starving from being apart. I was fucking desperate to get my fill.

"Luuuca!"

I slid my hands up into her hair, she slid hers down my back, I shot my tongue out, she captured it, I pressed in deeper against her, she arched closer.

This is what they talked about, this was the shit that had Gav and Stefano by the fucking balls. There was nothing so good, this feeling was irreplaceable.

Her mouth slowed, tongue disappearing, lips peeling off mine as she panted against me. "We.. need.. to talk."

"But we also need to kiss." I pushed my lips back against hers but she locked them closed.

"Luca." She tilted her face up, sliding her lips away from mine as she met my eyes. "We need to talk."

Fuck. Talking wasn't my strong suit, especially when I had no fucking control over myself, happy or pissed off.

"Let's walk," she insisted, wrapping her arm into mine and that feeling came back, that satisfaction from just her touch.

Who would've thought I could feel this fucking good without a hand, mouth, or pussy wrapped over me.

"Look Luca, I was really hurt last night and I've never been disrespected like that. My brain is telling me to run away as fast as I can, that I'm about to make a very bad decision. But there's a piece of me that believes you're sorry and that wants to give you another moment of my time."

"And I want that fucking moment." I stopped in the middle of the crowded sidewalk, turning to meet her eyes. "I know I fucked up. I'm used to getting what I want, when I want, and how I want it. I've always held the fucking control, until you."

"I need you to assure me that this won't happen again. No more tantrums, no more outbursts, no disrespect - no matter how many guys you see me out with."

... How many guys I see her out with. Was she trying to get me fucking rallied right now. She was missing the whole fucking point. "I don't want to see you out with any other fucking guys."

"But if you do," she sighed, rolling her eyes at me. "You can't throw me under the bus. I know lots of guys. I have cousins, uncles, friends, colleagues."

No. There would be no more other guys. Period. "Hmhm.."

"This is just casual, you and I have separate lives. I'm busy, you're busy. I can't see you every day and I can't stay over every night. My life is only going to get.. busier and you can't give me hell for it."

Fuck. Whatever. I weaseled my hands through the buttons on her jacket, sliding them right around to that ass. "You still coming over tonight?"

"Are you going to make me dinner?" Her sexy eyes were back, flashing right up at me with that hot ass smile.

"Yeah." I'd prove my worth tonight, in more ways than one.

"Then I'll be there at 8."

"I'll be home by 6." I wanted to see her the second I got back.

"I'll be there at 8." She repeated and I bit my fucking tongue. Could she not for once just do what I fucking wanted. "I'll see you tonight Tin Man."

I squeezed a handful of that ass, locking her into me as I targeted those lips once more. I just needed one more fucking kiss, one more taste to tide me over.

"Good morning Mr. Romano."

Anne didn't even bother standing, fuck she wasn't even looking me in the eye- not that I blamed her.

"Morning Anne." I dropped my bag on my desk, spotting the honey on the floor and I walked over, grabbing it up.

"Excuse me, Mr. Romano.."

I looked up, seeing Anne keeping her distance in the doorway. "I'm sorry about yesterday Anne."

"What?" She looked up at me like I was speaking a different fucking language.

"I'm sorry for being a dick yesterday."

"Sorry? Oh... okay, it's fine. Um.. how was the meeting with Mrs. Goldmann this morning?"

"Got the job done." She was easier than I thought she'd be. "I'll need my schedule cleared next week, I'm expecting a new client."

She nodded back as her eyes fell to the honey on my desk then she shot them back up to me. "Did you meet someone?"

"No!" I scoffed. Luca Romano didn't...... "Yeah... I did."