28

FUCK! I stood there, body like a fucking brick, watching the cab take off as a million fucking reactions started firing at once, clearing the fucking alcohol right out of my system. Fuck!

He blatantly defied me. I didn't give two shits about her but him challenging me like that, looking me in my fucking eyes with that defiance, he was a dead man walking.

I yanked my phone from my pocket, not even realizing I was dialing her until I heard the fucking robotic voice.

"Your call cannot be completed as dialed."

What the fuck. I pulled up her messages, not even knowing what to fucking write other than 'Call me.'
but the second I hit send a red error message popped up, 'Message Failed'.

"What the fuck!"

"Oh you've been blocked."

I looked down, seeing that chick still wrapped over me as she pointed to my screen. "It happens to me all the time, they blocked you."

I looked at the girl's face for the first fucking time tonight, what the hell was I doing! I shook her off, pressing the phone to my ear once more.

Wait... blocked. Blocked! I looked up, searching for her friends but they were already taking off in the next cab.

"Did you see the score Cohen just took home."

I could feel the fire, the blind rage filling my veins and I took off, one foot barely in front of the other as I stormed away.

"Hey! I thought we were going to your place Romano!"

"Cancelled!" I yelled back, not giving a damn if they'd heard me or not.

I had a million fucking scenarios running through my mind, each ending with my hands around Adam's fucking neck.

"Luca!"

"Arnie."

"Haven't seen you in a while! You visiting Mr. Cohen." He pulled the door open even though his sole fucking job was to keep the threats out, but he was welcoming me right in.

"I am." I walked past him then stopped. "Arnie, don't mention my visit to Cohen when he comes back. I want to surprise him."

"His birthday?"

"Something like that."

I walked through the lobby that had been mine for ten years, heading straight to the elevator and entering Adam's code, seeing the green access light immediately flashing. Dumb schmuck hadn't changed it in all these years.

The lift door opened right into his apartment, dark and empty just like his fucking soul.

I paced in the darkness. Feeling helpless wasn't my fucking thing! Feeling betrayed wasn't my fucking thing! And feeling... guilt... wasn't my fucking thing. He didn't know she existed until I made her off limits. Fuck!

I looked around, debating if I destroy his place, or if I destroy him. Tear him limb by fucking limb for challenging me, show him I don't do blind threats, even though he already knew I didn't.

I wanted his blood but that'd require risking mine and I was smarter than that. We had both done bad shit but I was careful and he was sloppy.

I walked into his room, removing the painting from the wall and grabbing the hard drive that hid behind it. His 'fuck files', nothing like some fucking leverage and a PR disaster to take his firm down, to ruin him. I hung the portrait back up, returning to the dark front room and sinking into one of the chairs. Now it was just a waiting game.