Chapter 24: A Shallow Alliance

Start from the beginning

"What's... Agatha-what?" Chrome questioned, already forgetting the whole word as he wasn't used to saying those kind of words.

"Definition is... Composed of both good and evil." Ana answered after a bit of searching through her unorganized mind. Senku decided to go back to the main topic of the conversation.

"Regardless if Asagiri Gen is good or bad... We have no choice but to recruit him into the Kingdom of Science. In order to have him deliver the fake information of 'Tsukasa! Senku's definitely dead! And I've never come across the two women you mentioned!' This the only means we have of attaining victory." Senku declared firmly.

"OHHH! WERE YOU LISTENING, GEN?!" Chrome screamed from the storehouse as he looked down to Gen below, who was a bit surprised at his sudden loud shoutings. Chrome is not done yet.

"YOU SAW IT TOO, DIDN'T YOU?! THAT ELECTRICITY!! THAT CRAZY INSANE LIGHT OF SCIENCE!! Winning or losing... WHATEVER YOU KNOW... OR WHO IS GONNA WIN AMONG TSUKASA VS. SENKU AND ANA... DOES ANY OF THAT EVEN MATTER? IT'S FRICKIN' INTERESTING!!! WITHOUT A DOUBT... THE KINGDOM OF SCIENCE IS GONNA BE CRAZY!"

From over Chrome's shoulder, Lalaine and Ana were looking at Gen, who hadn't responded yet. Gen shrugged, giving them a closed-eye smile.

"The passions of a young man sure burn hot~ But unfortunately, mine do not Chrome. As the world's most silver tongued man... The only things I look out for are my own interests."

With that, he turned to his back and walk away silently. Chrome was surprised at this while Ana stopped a seething Kohaku, who already got her knives out, from following and killing Gen. Said man looked at the generator as he walked past, touching the disc and just smiling.

His smile fell when he heard someone stepped from behind him. Before he could even call out the stranger, he felt a strong punch collided with his cheek as he was sent back a few feet. Gen saw the spear heading his way next.

"Wh... o... are... you...?" Gen managed to rasp out just before the spear was stabbed to his stomach, he tried to grasp it but his strength left him and his hand fell limply. He saw the silhouette of a large bulky figure and then the unknown person was gone.

{A few minutes before Gen was assaulted}

"He sure is a difficult man..." Commented Lalaine as she sat back down and continued to lay on her back, using Ana's lap as a pillow.

"You don't say..." Ana trailed off, she managed to calm down Kohaku earlier, "What now, though? How to get Asagiri-san on our side, just me being his fan wouldn't cut it. Is there anything he want that we can make, Senku?"

The scientist pondered what she said, "Of course there will be something that he wants, the only problem is we don't know what."

"Didn't Gen said that he wants a harem?" Suika added helplessy, Kohaku, Chrome and Lalaine sweatdropped at the little girl.

"Suika, that's not something we can just give to him-" Lalaine was just about to explain to her why giving Gen a harem would be one of the greatest mistakes in the world when Ana shushed her by putting a finger over her lips.

"Ana, what are you..."

Lalaine saw the expression on Ana's face and she sat up, turning to face her. William rose from his coiled form, hissing in a manner where the rest of them jumped in panic. As soon as Lalaine did though, Ana lunged for the open door and jumped down straight to the ground. Followed by Kohaku, Chrome, Suika and then Senku and Lalaine.

"ANA WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Senku shouted, staring at her running figure ahead of them.

"WHAT WAS THAT SOUND...?! I HEARD IT JUST NOW!!" Screamed Ana, but she didn't stop running.