Chapter 26: Clear World

That was one Hell of  either a writer's block or procrastination.

___

With one swift movement, Senku put his hands on the watermelon helmet and pulled it off.

"HANG ON, LEEK-HAIR!" Kohaku seethe as she picked up the helmet, "Didn't Suika said she didn't want anyone to see her face?!"

With all these commotion, Lalaine also went after Kohaku, dragging the lifeless Ana with her.

"Go on and look... Her face isn't all scarred up and isn't super ugly or anything like that. It's not like there was even any reason to hide it..." Senku replied in his usual manner.

As soon as Kohaku followed Senku's words, she immediately swooned at Suika's adorable face, squealing in delight and praising her cute appearance.

"Awwww, she's cute! Ana, look!" Lalaine poked the other girl on the shoulder.

"Ughhh... I'm not in the mooooood." Ana groaned, stretching her arms up, "I can train, but I don't want to do it with others watching..."

Ana turned in time just as Suika scrunched up her entire face and everyone, including her and Lalaine almost choked on air.

"WHAT THE HELL?!!!"

Trap that glittering away

"Suika, is your vision blurry, by any chance?" Lalaine asked as she knelt down in front of the child.

"Yes! How did you know?" Suika nodded her head, her watermelon helmet cradled in her arms, "Suika's eyes have blurry disease. I only see faint fuzzy images of things, and if I strain to see my face ends up like this, and it's embarrassing..." Suika put her helmet back on and she was back to her usual self, "But when I wear this Suika cap, it somehow gets easier to see!"

"Pinhole effect." Surprisingly, it was Lalaine who said that, "It basically allows you to focus on something because light squeezes through a tiny hole, like your helmet, Suika!"

"Does Suika's eye problem have something to do with glass?"  Chrome(I swear I did not almost forgot his name) asked.

'Wow, lately it's been Chrome that's asking questions to us humans instead of the other way round.' Ana thought distractedly.

"They have 10 Billion percent have something to do with each other!" Senku confirmed, facing Suika, "That's not a disease or anything, and it's not a defect or deformity. In a scientific civilization, not one person is held back by it because not one person would think twice about The Eyes of Science made from glass."

"Glasses!" Lalaine cheered, "They will solve everything, Suika-chan! Trust me, after all, I'm one of those people who need glasses because of my eyesight! Didn't you notice how Ana makes sure I'm not alone for a long period of time or when I'm going to somewhere a bit far from here?"

Ana shrugged her shoulders, Lalaine chose that perfect time to grab on Ana's arm and give her a side hug.

"Yeah, I don't want you to trip or slam your head on a tree branch, or something." Ana said and flicked her friend's forehead, "Still an airport, I see-"

"AAAAHHHH! STOP THAT FOREHEAD JOKE, IT'S BEEN THOUSANDS OF YEARS!"

Suika watched their interaction as she processed what Lalaine said to her, "Using Science... Is that really possible? You can even create eyes? That's too amazing..."