Chapter 7: The Gunpowder Adventure

Edited: Oct 16 2023

___

"To defeat an invincible murderer like Tsukasa, we have no choice but to make gunpowder."

Senku started from where he was with his friends, then he turned to Ana, who was giving him a questioning look.

"What's the best way to make it look like we left in a hurry in Tsukasa's eyes?"

Ana mulled over his thoughts for a few seconds before she motioned for them to follow her.

"Let's go up to treat Taiju first." She suggested, "I don't know about Taiju, but just looking at him with all that blood on the side of his head will bound to make him uncomfortable."

Yuzuriha snapped out of her trance as she fretted over Taiju.

"S-S-She's right!! Taiju-kun, let's go!!"

"Of course!!"

The two went on ahead, Taiju almost tripping on the first step of the ladder.

"... Yeah, we need to treat him first alright." Senku agreed.

When the two nerds climbed up, Lalaine and Athena greeted her.

"What the hell was all that about?!" The two asked in sync.

"Basically, his ideals were clashing with ours. Now we're enemies, we have a bit of some time to pack up our things and leave this place." Ana held out a hand to help Senku climb as she pulled him up, "So we're going to get some materials to make gunpowder. Because of course, guns are the solution to our problems. Tsukasa is the problem, by the way."

Her two friends stared at her.

"... I mean, she's not that wrong..."

"What are you? An Ana apologist?" Athena deadpanned at Lalaine.

From his spot, Senku joined in the conversation.

"If you ever start losing an argument, physically attack the other person." His voice had a serious note, "If they can't physically defend themselves, their argument is invalid."

Ana snapped her fingers at his direction, "Exactly!! Why defend your thesis, when you can just challenge your professor in a fist fight!"

The two bumped their fists as they cackled madly.

"A match-made in heaven, huh." Lalaine said as she watched the two in mild fear, "Senku would definitely be an Ana Apologist."

"They say that, yet when they were in the same research group, the teacher ended up being the one getting fried by them because he kept trying hard to find a weakness in their research..." Athena huffed.

Ana composed herself as she helped Yuzuriha on treating Taiju, wiping off the blood and cleaning the area as much as she could.

"You just gotta tough it out, big guy." Ana said as she carefully wrapped some makeshift bandages around his head, "Your durability is really impressive."

"Don't worry, Ana!!" Taiju stood up as soon as Ana finished, "I feel pretty fine now, thanks for your help!! I'll be just fine!"

Ana blinked as Taiju gave her a fist bump, which she gladly returned.

"Now, onto our next step." Ana turned to the group, "Senku, was your plan to break some of our stuff here to pretend like we left in a hurry?"

"That's right." Senku grinned, "But now that I think about it, just that alone would raise suspicion right off the bat. What do you suggest we do?"