Chapter 4: The Pure-White Seashell

Edited: Oct 12 2023

___

"What's bad about being strong? He's really dependable!!"

Senku released a silent sigh.

"For example, what if... He was a typical bad guy full of desires."

The only word that manage to get through his thick head was 'desires'. In Taiju's mind, he saw Tsukasa surrounded by many women and inviting Yuzuriha over too.

"That's not good. If that happens, I will..."

Tsukasa finally spoke up, after being silent for the past few minutes that Taiju was a bit surprised.

"Can I borrow tools to dress the meat? A knife. If you don't have one, a stone tool will be sufficient."

And as usual, Taiju did not get the point entirely.

"You're going to eat the lion? It can be eaten?"

"They aren't poisonous but they smell strongly of ammonia, are tough, and are really bad tasting overall."

His friend was surprised again.

"What?! Have you already eaten one, Senku?!"

The boy in question shrugged, "When I went to Africa to do research on Ebola."

"WHAT KIND OF HIGH SCHOOLER DOES THAT!?" Taiju exclaimed in bewilderment.

Tsukasa ignored Taiju's shouting and decided to explain why he wanted to do that with the lion.

"Even if it was in self-defense, I killed it with my hands. By making it all food, I thank the natural cycle of life. That's all."

Moved, Taiju screamed to Senku again,

"THAT'S ADMIRABLE!! It's a good thing that he's not the typical bad guy, Senku! HE'S SUPER-DUPER GOOD GUY!"

Senku only gave him a smirk that seemed to be saying Taiju will be proven wrong in the near future.

"Let's hope so... I don't care about thanking and stuff at all, but I strongly agree that we shouldn't waste meat."

He gave Tsukasa his stone tool, which Tsukasa used to skin it expertly to make his clothing.

Taiju gently carefully placed Yuzuriha down on the base of a tree.

"Please wait a bit, Yuzuriha! As soon as there's enough... Something-acid holy water, we will save you!"

"Oh, hey! You guys just came back?"

A voice called out from nearby the trees. They saw Ana sitting down in front of a campfire, heating up some type of leaves.

Senku waved at her,

"Yeah. You can just put those over there and we'll go up in the tree house."

Ana only hummed in response, getting the slightly burnt leaves.

Tsukasa stared as he'd only seen her momentarily earlier.

"AH! It's you two!! Lalaine and Athena, right? How are you guys not petrified?!"

Athena covered her ears with a blank expression on her face, Lalaine was holding her twisted ankle so she was the one who explained to him.

"Ana revived us, obviously."

Ana knelt down in front of a small basket, getting some spare clothes, then ripping it for a makeshift bandage.

"To introduce myself properly..." Tsukasa started, "I am Shishiou Tsukasa. You can call me Tsukasa."