39: later afternoon

"Of Course, what do I need to answer." Tanya said after standing up and saluting.

Maxiliam, Zettour, and Lerhgen sat down on the three other empty seats that was beside Adalbrecht and gave a focused look at Tanya.

Tanya felt a sweat drop by the side of her face when she glanced back before sitting back down.

"Just one question for your bibliography, Major." Adalbrecht said.

Tanya nodded.

"Are you dating?" He asked.

There was silence inside the room before Tanya stammered a question.

"What do you mean dating??" She asked in a flustered tone.

"Well, you see, Major. We still haven't gotten a secure bibliography of you and your greatness, so we sent first luitenant Erya to keep an eye on you and with every movement you do outside and inside the workplace." Adalbrecht said.

"Are you saying first luitenant Erya has been spying on me for a while now?" Tanya raised a brow.

Adalbrecht couldn't deny, he nodded and pointed over to the gold ring on Tanya's hand.

Tanya raised the ring up and gave it a quick caress.

"Oh, this gold ring? It was given for my birthday present." Tanya said.

Adalbrecht hummed.

"Happy birthday then, Major, but I still want to make sure so I don't create a false part of your history." He said while taking a pen and notepad out.

Tanya sighed.

"I am not dating." She said.

"Are you sure?" Adalbrecht raised a brow.

Tanya nodded back in all honesty after placing her hand back down on the desk.

Adalbrecht blinked a few times after glancing over to Erya and the three men beside him before glancing back over to Tanya.

"I hope they don't pressure you in any way possible, they're only here to make sure you don't lie or try to escape a question." He said.

More like being father figures just in case.

Tanya hummed.

"I understand." She said.

"Now, I'll repeat my question, are you sure?" Adalbrecht said.

"Yes, I'm not dating." Tanya said.

"Can you please give us evidence that you aren't?" Adalbrecht asked.

"I'll be picked up later afternoon, you may all wait with me and meet them in person if that works." Tanya replied.

Adalbrecht faked a cough and nodded before writing everything down on the notepad.

Honestly, this interrogation went on the whole afternoon of Tanya's work time.

...

Tania whistled a quiet and soothing tune as she held both seemingly heavy bags in both hands. Her hat sat pretty on her head as her coat shuffled a bit in each step towards home.

It only took her a few minutes to get home and place the groceries in the kitchen really.

She let out an exhausted sigh and scanned around to locate where the dining area was again. As soon as she found the dining area, she ran a finger on the table, it was dusty.

"Hmm... there's still time.." she pondered before glancing around to grab the cleaning tools.

'I can clean the place for a bit before preparing everything...' she thought before sweeping the floor.

After that, she wiped the only big window in the area and also wiped the table and chairs before deciding to clean the other areas.

The living room was cleaned thoroughly before the hallway, the short cases of the stairs, and the kitchen.

Checking the time once again, she only had enough time to prepare dinner.

Knowing she had a profession of being a chef before death, she finished quicker than she thought.

"Ah...two hours before I have to pick her up." She pondered before dashing up the short flight of stairs.

Cleaning each room, she tucked the bed in and wiped the windows, before thoroughly cleaning the two empty rooms.

"Wow! I did a good job!" Tania cheered as she laughed cheekily before walking over to the bathroom to freshen herself up.

The sound of the showerhead filled half of the other area close to the bathroom before she walked out with new clothes on. You could say she was now wearing a new white shirt and black shorts.

Walking over to the front door, she wore her white socks before her black shoes and then her brown hat.

'Time to grab baby bro out of work!' she thought before closing and locking the door behind her.

Walking back on the city streets, she passed by open shops, restaurants, and etc.

'Should I surprise her?' she thought as she got closer to see Tanya by the gate waiting.

Smiling she rushed over before abruptly stopping when she saw who she was waiting with.

'Oh, hey, it's that woman from that giant party!' she thought before walking closer.

Tanya sighed while standing outside the gate with Maxiliam, Zettour, Lerhgen Adalbrecht, and Erya.

Honestly, Lerhgen didn't even want to be a part of any of this, you could say he was curious about Tanya's relationship in the postwar.

"How long until this person comes here?" Adalbrecht asked with a stern tone.

"Are you looking for me?" Tania asked with a cheeky smirk.

Tanya smiled.

"Tani!" She said while walking over to her.

Everyone turned to look at the kid wearing a brown hat.

"Baby bro! How are you? Didn't make you wait too long did I?" Tania asked.

Tanya chuckled.

"No, we were just here a few minutes ago." She said.

"You!??" Erya jolted up after finally snapping out of her dazed state.

Tania hummed and glanced over.

"Oh, it's you from that party." She said.

Erya was confused like the others present.

"What do you mean party?" Adalbrecht asked after glancing back and forth on Erya and Tania.

"Well...none of you remember so that's sorta good. Not like it was important after all." Tania said after she shrugged by the arms.

"You're Tanya's boyfriend??? But you sound so feminine." Zettour pondered as he placed a hand while examining both children in front of him.

Tania glanced at Tanya before glancing back on the men.

"I can't believe...you really are a living idiot, baby bro?" Tania snickered.