35: caught red handed? no

The five adults stopped dead on their tracks when they saw the twins.

Tania snickered while covering her younger twin's ears in the kiss before parting it with a quick laugh.

"Alright, I'll cook dinner!" She smiled giddily.

Tanya scoffed up a smirk while blushing as she wiped her mouth after the kiss.

"You're disgusting!" Tanya laughed.

Little did she not know who was already standing by the door. Of course, to make it clear, her back was facing the open door.

"Says the one who kissed back." Tania teased.

Tanya immediately twisted her older twin's ear when she grew a nerve.

"Ow! Ow! That hurts!!!" Tania laughed as she tried to pry her younger twin's grip away.

Tanya stopped and patted her head.

"You're insufferable when you're in a good mood." Tanya said while taking her hand off.

"Well, I'm a cat, and you're a dog." Tania said as she gave a quick glance at the door.

"That doesn't make sense." Tanya said.

"Yes, it does!" Tania said.

"No, it doesn't." Tanya said.

"Does too!" Tania frowned.

"Does not." Tanya frowned.

"It does! Because you're two-faced!" Tania said.

Tanya was caught in surprise.

"Two-faced??" She pondered out loud.

Tania smirked.

"I'd like to see you explain that." Tanya grinned wide.

"Why not? Your first face is what everyone always sees, your a wolf ready to tear them apart as soon as they do something you don't like, your second face is what only I can see, a puppy!" Tania explained.

"A wolf and a puppy, huh..? How amusing can you get?" Tanya was too amused.

"Well, you're a puppy in front of me because you cry and whimper, you offer your belly, because I play and love you because I do love you, baby bro!" Tania said while embracing Tanya into a hug.

Tanya laughed.

"You're the worst!" She said.

"Says the one who didn't lock the doors." Tania smirked while raising a brow in front of Tanya's other subordinates.

Tanya raised a brow before it hit her. Turning herself around, she was caught red-handed in front of her close subordinates.

"What?? Who?? When??" Visha stammered as she glanced back and forth on the twins.

Tania smiled and patted Tanya's head.

"I didn't know you had such close friends! Big brother is super proud!" Tania cheered.

Tanya's face flushed and she averted eye contact with everyone in the room.

Tania laughed.

"Your stupid face is priceless!" She laughed while smacking a fist a few times down on the desk.

Laughing harder, Tanya clutched her hands into knuckled fists over such embarrassment.

"Oh god! Ahahahahahahah!!! I can't even---hahahahahahahahahhahahh!" Tania was in too much excitement, she couldn't stop laughing.

After only a few seconds or so, Tania grew off of her small fit and wiped a tear before calling over to Tanya.

"Tanya? Hey," she said while looking over to the open box.

There was a pristine cake inside. Humming she called over to her again.

"Hey! Hello~? Earth to baby bro?" She said while snapping a finger as she got closer to Tanya.

Tanya didn't respond.

Tania placed a hand on her chin before slowly approaching the younger one who was ignoring her.

"Are you ignoring me?" She asked after getting close enough beside her.

Tania huffed before glancing over to the adults that were still by the open door.

"I hate you." Tania said.

"Ehh!??" Tanya immediately shot up with that.

"Kidding!" Tania smiled as soon as her younger twin looked over to her while embracing her close.

Tanya stared in disbelief before scowling as she tried to pry her older twin off of her.

"Get off of me!" She hissed.

Tania chuckled.

"Come on now, it's not like they'll ever know...or remember." She said while slowly taking a radio out of her side pocket.

There were a loud static and sudden whispering.

Tanya raised a brow when the adults began walking out of the room before closing the door behind them.

"I'll see you later, baby bro." Tania said before giving a quick peck on Tanya's cheek.

Tanya smirked while patting her cheek in crippling disgust as she watched Tania hop off of the window.

Then suddenly, there was a loud slam on the door opening.

"Happy birthday, captain!"

Tanya was caught in shock when they all came back inside with glee in their faces.

'Did she erase their memories from a few minutes ago???' she thought as she hopped off of the desk to walk over with a confused smirk on her face.

"What is this?" She asked as if she didn't know.

"Well, we didn't know when you might disappear forever so...we thought of celebrating your birthday now." Weiss said while fiddling slightly with both hands.

Tanya hummed while placing a hand on her chin.

"Is that so?" She asked.

"Yeah... and we kind of missed you for one week..." Grantz continued before meekly chuckling.

Tanya chuckled. She didn't really want to celebrate her birthday, especially without her dearest sibling after all.

"I see...it wouldn't hurt to celebrate." She said.

"Ahh... she's celebrating our birthday." Tania pondered with a quick snicker while sitting up the tree.

'I wonder if I should buy her a gift...a two paired ring might work.' she thought as she hopped down the tree.

Skipping over to avoid the eyes of anyone seeing her, she fumbled a bit with her newly brought hat before walking out the gates after a group of soldiers passed by her.

'No, no, no...if it were a toy of the sort, it would be childish and everyone will just think it's normal because she's still a child...' she thought while passing by a few citizens.

'So it really has to be a ring, huh..? I mean a ring would mean so many things, like a lot of questions can also be raised over it too!' She chained over her thoughts together as she waved a hand over a child completely younger than her.

"Hello!" She greeted the homeless man she helped last night.

The man smiled and waved a hand as he rushed over to a small shop.

'He has a job now, huh? How fast...' she thought before pausing in front of a jewelry shop.