7: promise to do so but

"Eh? She had a sister??" Erya whispered.

"Well, that's what she told me after she was done mentioning about her unseen parents." Visha said while taking a bite of her sweet and soothing slice of dessert.

Erya hummed and placed a hand on her chin as she stirred calmly on her cool beverage in the other. Watching the people passing by, she turned back over to Visha who was enjoying her dessert quite a lot.

"So...she was never in the least able to see her parents but she had a sister of the sort?" Erya asked.

Visha nodded.

"Is she the younger one or the older one?" Erya asked.

"I don't know." Visha answered.

"Did she say anything else that could be related to her secret 'sister'?" Erya asked.

The question almost echoed in Visha's mind when it triggered a secret she was hoping to keep only to herself.

"W...well... I might've..." She began to slur in her own truthful words.

Erya listened close.

"I was hoping to keep this to myself..." Visha felt defeated on herself and slumped down in her own shame.

"What are you talking about?" Erya asked but instantly gasped afterward.

"Don't tell me..." She felt a spark on both her eyes when Visha whined over the personal sin she had just committed.

"You grow up so fast!" Erya mumbled to herself while exaggerating a tear on her left eye.

"Shut up! I feel so ashamed!" Visha cried softly.

Erya chuckled and assured her friend.

"I did promise to keep it a secret!" She said.

Visha felt her face a bit red as she looked over the right words to use.

"I...went over a little or maybe a big secret from her." She began.

"Spill it!" Erya supported.

"She had...what I think were letters or her personal journal in pieces of folded paper, old and new here and there inside the black bag. I was only able to read a few on que due to her only being a few minutes or so late when I arrived." Visha said.

"And..?" Erya hummed, the curiosity was still visible in her voice and expression.

"I read around two or so, and on the last paper I was reading, I saw a name." Visha said.

Erya stayed quiet there.

"It was a really peculiar and surprising name since it involved of that person being able to call Tanya an idiot, they seemed to each other well, and in both of the letters it kept on saying 'her' in which I thought meant that the person was a girl." She finished off.

Erya placed a hand on her chin again as she tried to process everything down on both subjects to try and find a similarity. Exactly what she hoped for came to view in her mind.

"What's the name?" Erya asked.

"It was Tani and nothing else." Visha answered.

"And is there anything else she had referred to her secret sister?" Erya asked after a while.

"Huh? Oh!" Visha quickly caught up when the question repeated in her head.

"She said this as if it was amusing to her...uhm, I think it went, 'if you say our name by mouth, it will sound identical and yet when you spell it down, it's very different from each other.'." Visha filled in.

Erya gave an intent look and one question came in mind.

"Do you have something I can use to write down something? A pencil can work." She said.

Somehow Visha had a pen and a small notepad carried with her out of the ordinary.

Erya took her time and wrote 'Tanya' down.

Visha stared at the name for a while before over to the other name below it, 'Tani'.

"What are you trying to do?" She asked after a while of Erya's staring.

"Wait a second..." Erya mumbled and instantly, she wrote an 'a' after the 'Tani'

"Say these two!" Erya said while shoving the paper a tad close to Visha's face.

Visha blinked a few times and opened her mouth to speak.

"Tanya..?" She muttered.

"No, no, no! Both!" Erya exclaimed.

"Tanya...Tania..?" Visha muttered.

This time she got Erya's idea.

"Does this mean..?" Visha whispered.

"It's a theory!" Erya whispered back.

Visha nodded.

"Oh! Such information! I have to keep all to myself." Erya faked a few weeping in silence.

"You can't share this! She'll know who exactly told such things!" Visha protested.

"Eh??? Just why???" Erya whined.

"Because! She made me read the room we were in that I was the first to ask her!" Visha whispered.

Erya sighed and nodded in agreement.

"Oh... I just wish I can share it, I might be able to document about her first of such things without the others trying to pry it from her." She said.

"Eh? What do you mean pry??" Visha asked.

Erya sighed and leaned back.

"Didn't you know?" She asked with crossed arms.

"Know about what?" Visha asked.

"There's actually quite a lot of people asking for her time, but those are just people who want to threaten her to speak of her own personal life before joining the military as a superior and powerful mage." Erya explained.

"In fact, a person I knew who was a guy was actually planning on trying to hold a gun in front of the devil to see if she would feel small and confess of such things." She continued on.

"And they even put a bounty on the first to document about it, it was just a very large sum of money which would just make you a complete millionaire for more than decades. If you're going to say 'how about getting information from the orphanage?' then I'll have it for you, the orphanage won't talk about it. Even if we bribe or try anything such as a threat which is unreasonable, they won't budge on giving us the information for her." She finished off.

Visha felt her head somehow going to explode with the rambling her friend just gave, but one task stood out in her mind.

"Erya can I ask you for a favor?" She asked.

"Oh? What is it? I'm open!" Erya smiled.

Visha fiddled with her hands together before risking the favor out.

"Can you promise me of something related to my commander?" She asked.

"Of course anything!" Erya blurted out.

"She has a secret black bag...if ever you see it on the wrong hands, can you by any chance try and give it back to her... I don't want her feeling sad, the bag seems so important to her." Visha said.

Erya swore an oath again.