26: a nightmare before the train arrival

"If I stay alive, you will be killed no matter what..that's why, I have to die." Tania said before taking her hand away.

Tanya scowled.

"You liar." She frowned.

Tania was confused.

"Didn't I promise you I'd protect you?" She said.

"By getting yourself killed!??" Tanya yelled.

"Is this your whole so called ordeal??" She continued, "you lied!"

"I didn't lie, and I would never lie to you." Tania said before glancing behind her to see the crowd still watching them.

"Everyones watching now, we should talk this out more privately." Tania said.

"Then don't die..!" Tanya stammered.

Tania gasped when the sound of tapping pressumed after the loud horn of the trains began shouting.

"Off next is---" the voice of the train manager yelled by the raggedy speakers as Tania hopped off of her seat and out the window beside her.

Fixing her brown hat back on, she quietly fumbled her way to the train station and over to the nearest store that sold food.

"Get lost young thief." The vendor scoffed as soon as Tania walked up to him.

"How rude." She hummed under the red scarf.

The vendor scoffed once again before asking, "what do you want then?"

"Food obviously, she wouldn't like it if I didn't eat something." Tania said as she fumbled a hand on her right side pocket.

"Here," the vendor said as he handed a bread filled paper bag.

Tania waved her acknowledgement to the grumpy old man as she walked off eating the bought food in hand.

The sound of people chattering in the streets pressumed as Tania looked around the place while taking slow savouring bites on the warm bread.

Bumping slightly on a person, she abruptly apologized as she walked passed the person who apologized aswell. Looking around more, she was amazed at how well kept the place was while it was in a state of calamity by the long excruciating war.

She fumbled around her pocket for a bit, taking out the radio on her left and pressing the button to call.

"Hello," she said.

There was an abrupt sound of a thump and muffled shuffling.

"Tani!" Tanya said on the other end.

"So I'm in the place right now and I'm sort of on my way now." Tania said as she glanced left and right on the road.

"Well that's a nice timing, it's my last day of my small holiday actually." Tanya said before laughing on the other end.

"Hey, you're being too surprised, and how on earth did you get a short holiday??" Tania asked while crossing the road after a few more glances.

"No clue, general Maxiliam just decided to give me a one week break since he felt bad for me working too hard on the office." Tanya said before the sound of a loud thud surprised Tania.

"What was that?" She asked in concern.

"Ahh...my suitcase." Tanya said after a quick chuckle.

"Oh, hey, you should start calling me your brother since you hate being called sister." Tania hummed as she waved a hand on a cab that passed her in ignorance.

"See you later then, older brother." Tanya joked.

"I'll see you later too, little brother." Tania joked as she walked inside one of the cabs she called over.

The driver gave a surprised look and asked for destination while slowly moving the cab back on it's tracks.

"I don't really have a destination yet, but do you know a place that has good dessert?" Tania said.

The driver smiled.

"Do you have money then?" He joked.

Tania nodded with a wide smile as she took out her revolver on her left pocket.

The driver flinched while driving slowly forward as Tania sneered at him from behind.

"I'll pay you ofcourse but if you do something she won't like, I'll kill you." Tania said.

The driver nodded in fear as he calmly parked the cab infront of an open cafe.

Tania gave her gratitude and paid the driver before stepping off and closing the door behind her.

Smiling, she quietly and secretly tucked her revolver and radio back in her left pocket as she opened the door which gave a loud ring from the bell that hanged ontop of it.

"Hello there, young lady! What would you like?" The cashier immediately took her attention to the new customer and welcomed her with a cheery smile.

Tania smiled under the red scarf and hushed the cashier with a finger by her mouth.

"Shh." She said before ordering a slice of chocolate cake.

The cashier nodded and gave Tania her order.

"Thanks, miss!" Tania said while taking her hat and scarf off.

"Wait!? You're..!??" The cashier began after a shocked gasp.

Tania quickly hushed her down without hesitation, in which the cashier complied to.

"I want to eat in peace if you don't mind." Tania said before walking off to eat the slice of cake.

Looking out the window, it was a nice view. There weren't too much cars around, and the sound outside was muffled perfectly for her own taste.

Taking a bite from the cake, she smiled and savoured every bite while glancing around the window.

It was a nice day and she felt everything was going very well.

Until she saw two adult men stare at her from outside the window, it was just Zettour and Lerhgen.

Both men walked in and greeted Tania who gave a poker face while staring at them.

"Major Degurechaff, it's a funny coincidence to see you here." Zettour said while waving a hand mid-air.

Tania reluctantly waved back which gave an awkward vibe on both men.

"Do you mind if we join you, major?" Lerhgen asked.

Even though he doesn't want to.

As soon as both sat down facing Tania, they were given nothing but a careless shrug.

"Actually, we don't want to bother you too much." Zettour began.

'Tanya has quite the friends in her workplace, maybe they can lead me to her office if I play along.' Tania thought before nodding.

"What is it that you need?" She asked with a calm and short smile.