Chapter 9 - She Returned

A/N: Here's another chapter of MTAB. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment.

- saphire

-----------------

Darren's POV:

Ezekiel came home a bit late again last night and was acting weird. He was spacing out and when I tried to get near him, he would just move. It's like he was avoiding me. It has been going on for about a week or so now.

I was sitting in my seat and was thinking about last night and what had happened to him that made him act that way. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize our teacher was already in his desk at the front.

"Class, we have a new transfer student," the teacher said and my classmates began to whisper between themselves of whoever transferred in the middle of the second quarter.

I was not in the least bit interested since my mind was occupied with thoughts about Zee. He's been avoiding me like the plague since last night and I don't even know why.

"You can come in," Mr. Rodriguez said to the student outside. The student made their way to the front and from what I assumed from the whistles of my male classmates, that it was a girl. I got interested and looked at the front to see a really pretty girl smiling at us.

She was familiar to me but I can't quite put my finger where I have seen her. "Hi, my name's Lovely Jones and I hope we could all be friends." She said with a very alluring smile. Hey, just because I'm gay, doesn't mean I can't appreciate beautiful looking girls.

"I'm Ezekiel Johannesburg's girlfriend," she continued and all my classmates gasped at her. Now I know where I've heard and seen her. She was Zee's ex-girlfriend who left him to pursue her dreams, but why is she here?

My friends who were there at the wedding all turned to look at me with wide eyes and a look that says 'what's going on?' I just gave them a shrug since I, myself don't even know the reason. I glanced at Ezekiel and saw him looking tensed.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him and he snapped his head to me and shook his head before giving me a very forced smile. "I'm okay," he said and returned his gaze to the front. When I turned my head to the front, I realized that Lovely was frowning at me. What's her problem?

"You can now take your seat beside --" the teacher was cut off when Lovely spoke. "I'd like to sit beside my boyfriend, if you don't mind." She said all too sweetly, "but Miss Jones, Darren is already occupying the seat beside your boyfriend. He has been sitting there for almost a semester and we have a sitting plan to obey." Mr. Rodriguez explained.

Lovely frowned at what he said and turned to me. "You don't mind exchanging seats with me so I can sit with my boyfriend, right?" She asked me sweetly but the tone she used on me was a bit weird, like it was filled with something I can't name.

I hesitated for a bit and was about to open my mouth but Jeremy butted in, "he won't be exchanging seats with you, miss new student. Didn't you hear what the teacher said? He's been sitting here beside me for a sem and I don't want to have another seatmate. If you want to sit beside your boyfriend, let him exchange seats with your seatmate instead."

I turned to Jeremy and elbowed him. Lovely frowned at him and she returned her gaze at me to... glare at me? Why? I looked at her in confusion and she just snubbed me. What did I do? I was really confused as to why she'd be glaring at me like that.

"Zee, baby can you tell them that you want to sit with me?" She turned to Ezekiel and gave him a sweet puppy eyes. He sighed and looked at me, "please?" I slightly nodded when, again, Jeremy butted in, "like I said, no one will sit beside me aside from Dee. So if you want your girlfriend to sit with you, then you are the one to exchange seats not Dee." He said with conviction and I was somewhat shocked to hear him say something like that.