Chapter 18 - Then She Came Along

A/N: Hey there, my super awesome loves!! I noticed that I hadn't updated in quite a while but not to worry because here is the update!!

Better ready your box of tissues because this will (probably) be a one hell of a feels chapter. So sit back, relax and continue reading.

Leave a comment on what you think about the chapter, guys. I really want to know if my story is worth reading. QwQ)

Adieu

- saphire

PS: This is unedited so there might be some typos and grammatical errors. If you see one, don't hesitate to tell me.

-----

"I seem to be disturbing something?" The person called out that got us frozen and slowly turned to see who it was. There, standing behind us, was none other than the girl who hates me for any Ezekiel-related reasons - Lovely.

She had her left eyebrow high up in the air as she looked at us with her arms crossed across her chest, a frown on her lips, and the seemingly annoying tapping of her sandal covered feet on the sand. She was wearing a white tube-like shirt and a short skirt that was just a bit below her privates, which since we were sitting, was a bit unpleasant.

"Well? Why won't you answer me?" She asked, her tapping on the sand really got my attention and it's not the good one. I just looked at her like she was nuts - well, thinking that she hates me and my guts for marrying Ezekiel, she kinda passes being one, on my standards that is - and looked at the guy beside me who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Ah. Lovely, dear, it's so nice of you to visit us." Lilian said, breaking the awkward silence that covered us. She turned to the older woman and gave her a sweet smile but on my point of view, it was a fake one that she plastered. "Yeah, me too. It's really nice of me to come here. I stopped something that is not supposed to happen." She said, looking at me while saying the last part.

Lilian gave her a confused look but she just brushed her expression off with another smile.

I just gave her a roll of the eyes and stood up. She faced me fully, eye to eye. I yawned at her face which made her glare at me. I smirked at her, but didn't let the others see and walked past her. I don't even know where that courage of mine came from. I just felt that I should do that to her to give her the impression that I'm not a pushover. Even though my heart was beating at a rapid pace, I didn't show it.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" Lilian asked. I turned to her and answered, "I'm a little tired, mom. I'll just head to my room." I emphasized the word 'mom' as I glanced at Lovely, who was busy glaring daggers at me. I gave Lilian a smile and then to Lovely whom I just gave a once over, and made my way slowly to the house.

I may be weak, but I can be a bitch when needed.

I plopped myself on the soft mattress of my bed, closed my eyes and thought of the events that just happened. I clutched my chest when the image of me and him leaning forward to kiss came into my mind. I felt my cheeks burn as I felt my lips.

Were we really gonna kiss if Lovely didn't show up? Daryl?

"Well, in my assumption and my assumptions are always right, yes. Yes, you were." He said as though that was a breakthrough discovery. I just rolled my eyes at his being conceited.

"I am not conceited, thank you very much." He said a matter-of-factly.

"How did you know that?" I asked him in confusion and I could just see him raising his left eyebrow in mockery.