Chapter 31

Kaine ^^^

Karina

" Don't cry baby " She said immediately , sounding like she wanted to cry herself .

I wanted this to be a private moment so without even saying anything , I got up wiping the tears that fell and went to the living room to be alone with her .

" I miss you mommy " I whined . It's been so long since I've heard her voice . Instant memories flooded back to me and I remembered how quickly my life took a turn after she was snatched from me . This entire situation really changed up my entire life .

" I know mama I miss you too , where is Kade ? " She asked . My gosh I totally forgot .

I jogged up the stairs to go into his room to see he was watching cartoons .

" Look Kade look who it is " I said showing him the phone .

" Mommy !! " He shouted smiling into the phone .

I wanted nothing more than my mom coming back home and making my life normal again . We must have stayed on the phone for almost 2 hours . I felt reassured . I hadn't known how she was doing or if she was okay and it felt amazing to see for myself that everything is okay with her .

She said she needed a few months to get everything together and get everything situated with immigration services . I had to be patient but I just couldn't wait to see my mom again .

Sha

" Girl that nigga drives me crazy " I sighed sorting through my laundry while my bestie helped .

" I bet , he sound just like East " Lani said shaking her head .

" Mmmm when you gon go down that route again ? " I asked nudging her .

She laughed " Ion know , we not really on the same page right now "

I looked at her like she was crazy , she must think I'm stupid .

" Okay fine , he be all in that girl Karina's face " She rolled her eyes .

I laughed at her jealousy " She still around ? They started dating or sum ? "

" I don't know what the fuck they do . But they beyond friendly . I wouldn't be surprised if they was fucking on the low "

" Girl y'all have history . You mean to tell me if you wanted him you can't get him " They were one of those on and off couples in high school who could not leave each other alone . As long as I've known the both of them , Lani still has pull with him . She just hasn't really been this interested until now .

She shrugged " We'll see "

[ Next Day ]

East

" Damn shorty , that's too much . I said an eighth " I said reaching towards her lap to knock a couple grams off .

" My bad " She giggled shooing my hands to bag up what was left .

" You been doing this shit for how long and you can't eyeball an eighth ? " I asked her .

" Shush , I'm getting there okay " She handed me the baggy .

As the boy walked up to my window I got a text message from Melo saying to meet at the warehouse . He didn't mention it was anything important so imma just bring shorty with me .