"You want me to live with you?" I inquired while staring at him.

"You'll be paying rent and all that," he quickly added.

Taking a minute to think, I had to admit that it was not the worst idea I have ever heard. For starters, both Evan and I were around the same age, which meant that we could be into the same things. We have known each other for a while, hell I even saved his life. We also had the same job, which meant that there would be many times where our schedules will be different, giving us time for ourselves in the apartment. Another plus was the fact that the place was beautiful compared to the ones I have visited, and I did not have to go through the application process.

"When can I move in?" I smiled, earning an overwhelming reaction from Evan that I was not expecting.

"Whenever you want," he pushed the pink box towards me, a goofy smile on his face. "Before you open it, another part of this deal is to let me help you train for your physical exam. I've seen you run in the mornings, and your time can be a little better."

Putting my hand against my chest, I fake gasped, "Are you calling me slow?"

"I did the physical exam in record time after I had a million surgeries and physical therapies," he smirked.

"You are an ass," I cackled, throwing my pen at him.

"An ass that brings you cinnamon rolls,"

With those words, I rushed to open the small pink box. The smell of the sweet sticky cinnamon roll made my stomach rumble. "Oh how I love you,"

"I know,"

Glaring at Evan, I shook my head, "Don't be so cocky; I am not talking to you," Just as I was about to grab a piece of the delicious goodness in front of me the alarm went off. "You have to be kidding me,"

Multiple injuries at an ice skating show.

Once we got there, the hunger I was feeling earlier disappeared. It was a gruesome scene. Multiple guys were mildly injured while another one had four of his fingers sliced by skates of another performer. For some reason, the thing that made me squeamish was the couple who was sitting on the floor. The guy had the girl's skate impaled on his chest.

"For fuck's sake, Evan get it together," I whined when Buck tried to grabbed my arm as he slipped on the ice, almost making me lose my balance. Leaving him behind, I walked towards where Hen and Chimney were currently checking Hansel and Gretel.

"Hansel took Gretel's blade to the torso," Chimney explained to the Captain as I knelt next to Hen helping her out with the IVF.

"We propped him up to minimize the damage. The skate is buried about 3 centimeters into his chest, barely missed the heart," Hen informed, passing me the things to prepare to hook the guy up.

The girl scoffed, rolling her eyes. "He doesn't have a heart."

"Really? We are doing this now?" the guy sobbed in pain, trying not to move.

Ignoring the couple's bickering, Bobby leaned in closer to look at the situation. "You think you can cut her foot out of the skate so we can transport them?"

"It'll probably be easier if they stop arguing," Hen said, looking between both victims. There was nothing worse than trying to deal with an injury where the victim is arguing with another person. Those situations never ended well; it always involved the victim getting injured more or one of the first responders.

"Yeah, then you might wanna sedate her," Hansel said.

"How about we sedate the both of you?" I suggested preparing things for the IVF. The guy looked away, keeping his mouth shut.