Hear No Secrets Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

“I am happy around you Chloe.”

“But what about everyone else? Why can’t you just talk to more people at school? You don’t even talk to my friends even though they beg you to.”

“It was hard enough letting you in Chloe.”

“I know, but please? Just try. I promise you they won’t let you down. They’ve never let me down.”

“But that’s different.”

“No it’s not,” I said, “Please?”

After a moment’s silence he said, “Fine, but only if you come to school tomorrow. Then I promise to try talking to them why they talk to me.”

“You will?” I smiled.

He chuckled, “Yeah.”

“Thank you!” I let go of his hand and threw my arms around him. He hugged me back and we both laughed.

            I pulled away, but he still held me to him. We still haven’t kissed very many times, but I knew it was coming. We both leaned in and a few seconds later our lips touched. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss. We were interrupted sooner than I wanted to be.

“Okay!” Peter yelled, “That’s enough!”

Grant and I stopped kissing and we stood up. “I have to leave anyway,” Grant said, “Darren and my parents are probably wondering where I’ve been. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.”

“You’ll meet me by my locker right?”

“Yeah,” he smiled, “By your locker.”

“Good,” I smiled.

“Bye Chloe.”

“Bye Grant.”

            Grant slowly turned and walked out of the gym, nodding at Peter on his way out. Peter wasn’t happy.

“You still have a dream to concentrate on you know?”

“Yes I know,” I told him, “That hasn’t changed.”

“Don’t let it change,” he said, “Don’t get too caught up in your boyfriend and lose track of practices and competitions.”

“I won’t! Grant knows how much gymnastics means to me.”

“I’ve seen it happen a lot with gymnasts. They get a taste of the average life and wish they could be normal for once. That type of wish could ruin everything for you. You’ve already gotten your taste of average. Don’t let this boyfriend of yours get you off track.”

“Just stop!” I yelled, “You’re not my dad, okay? You’re my coach. You’re supposed to be telling me how to better my gymnastics not giving me a lecture about my boyfriend. He cares about me okay? He knows how much I love gymnastics and how long I’ve been dreaming of winning a gold medal. He is never going to let me give that up. If everyone would just try to get to know him at all then you would realize that.”

            I stormed past Peter and left the gym. He started yelling after me but it just made me walk faster. I reached my room and I slammed the door behind me. I fell onto my bed and grabbed my favorite stuffed doll and cuddled up with it. I hear a knock on my door a few minutes later.

“Leave me alone Peter!”

“It’s not Peter,” my mom said.

“Come in,” I said.

She opened the door, closing it behind her, and sat down next to me on the bed. “What’s wrong?” she asked, “Did something go wrong at practice?”

“It’s Peter. He was lecturing me about Grant. He just doesn’t understand.”

“I know you really care about this Grant.”

“I do, mom, I do.”

“Tell me about him. Don’t tell me what Peter said to get you all upset. Tell me about Grant.”

“You want to know everything?” I asked.

“Yes I do.”

“It started as me just showing him around school. I told the principal I would help show new students around and he told me I needed to show Grant around. I hated him at first. He was just so rude, but things started to change. Suddenly the rude remarks became sarcastic comments and joking with each other and ride homes became hanging out for the entire day. Then we started spending time together on the weekends and suddenly he was the only one I wanted to be around. When I told him my story he didn’t react like I thought he would. It just made him like me even more, but he was scared. I really care about him mom. We’re finally together. Officially a couple.”

“But there’s a catch?”

I sighed, “Yeah. He has a secret too. Our secrets have been tearing us apart and bringing us together and now he said he’s ready to tell me. I’m going over to his house this weekend, but what if his secret really is something I can’t handle? I’ve been telling myself that my feelings won’t change, but what if they do? I don’t want my feelings to change for him mom. I couldn’t handle it and I don’t want Peter to be right. Grant would never take my goals or dreams away from me. Neither one of us is average and we don’t want to be and there’s no way he would pull me away from gymnastics.”

“Honey calm down. Is that what Peter was telling you? That Grant is going to make you quit gymnastics?”

“Kinda,” I admitted.

“Chloe, do you love him? This Grant guy? Do you really love him?”

“I think so. I don’t know though I’ve never dated or liked anyone like this before. I don’t know how it feels.”

“Then tell me,” mom said, “Tell me how you feel and I’ll tell you what I think.”

“Okay,” I sighed, “I haven’t been able to get our first kiss out of my head. Ever since that day all I’ve been able to think about is the way he was holding me and the way he kissed me for the first time. My feelings for him are so strong and I never want him to leave. I think I do love him. There’s no way this is just a crush or a teenage love. It can’t be.”

“It sounds like you do love him sweetie. Love isn’t always that easy, but it will be worth it. If you love him then tell him, but don’t tell him until you’re sure. If it’s love then his secret won’t matter. You’ll hear it and just think, that’s it? That’s all it was? Your feelings won’t change for him because of one thing. You love Grant because of who he is now what he’s been through. What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger. Grant is the way he is because of what he’s been through. Just remember that. Next time you see him keep all that in mind. Don’t let anyone else, including Peter, try to convince you otherwise. Peter’s wrong. Someone you love who loves you back would never take your dreams and goals away from you.”

“Thanks mom.”

She smiled, “Now how about you just go to bed early? It might do you some good.”

“It will,” I smiled, “I’m working out for a couple hours in the morning before going to school then working out again after school before Grant hopefully comes over.”

“Good night Chloe.”

“Night mom. Thank you.”

“No problem sweetie.”

THE END CHAPTER 14!!!

feedback??

please vote comment and fan!!