Hear No Secrets Chapter 14

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang 

Chapter 14

“Try it again!” Peter yelled, “You can get it!”

“My knee hurts!” I yelled back.

“Fine!” he sighed, “Take a break!”

            I’ve been training for five hours. Grant got here a couple hours ago and was watching from the side of the gym. I stepped off the beam and walked over to Grant. We haven’t talked since our argument in the classroom today.

“That was great,” he stood up and held my hand.

I smiled, “Thanks. Beam’s not exactly my strength.”

“Can we go in your room or should we stay here?” he asked.

“Peter will probably want me to go through my floor routine one more time before ending practice so we should probably stay in here. We can go sit on the mat and talk though.”

“Okay.”

We sat down in the middle of the mat and he was the first one to say something, “I know you’re still mad about earlier.”

“How can I not be?” I asked.

“I know it’s hard with all these secrets, I get it. I get it more than anyone else would because you did the same thing to me, but I think it’s all over now.”

“Over?”

“The secrets. I got more news after school today and it was different than the news I got earlier. Before I tell you what it is, I want you to come over to my house this weekend.”

“For what?” I asked.

“I want you to know my secret but we have to be at my house when I tell you. You don’t have a competition do you?”

“No, I can come over.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I’ll come over.”

“Can things be good now?”

I laughed, “Yeah they’re good.”

“Today’s been pretty crazy huh?”

“You can say that again.”

We both laughed. “At least it ended pretty well,” he said.

“I’m glad it did,” I said, “I feel like things are back to the way they used to be, but different.”

“Different how?”

“You,” I told him, “Before I didn’t have any real friends let alone a boyfriend. My life was just concentrated on gymnastics. I didn’t have anything else. Now I get to have a life and achieve my gymnastic goals. It’s a great feeling.”

He took my hand again, “You’re incredible. No matter how many bad things happen to you, you’re still positive about life. I wish I could be like that.”

“You are,” I told him.

He shook his head, “No I’m not. I’m positive around you, but that’s it. I can’t be positive about life with the things I’ve been through. It’s too hard.”

“You can be positive,” I said, “Just imagine that I’m there whenever you feel upset. I want us to be positive together. We both deserve to be happy.”