Hear No Secrets Chapter 37

Hear No Secrets 

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: Less than a month until school is over and I'm on summer break so I have had no time to write recently. I'm gonna be really busy, but I still plan on updating this story every week so I hope there are people still reading it.

remember to vote and comment otherwise I won't think anyone is reading.

okay enjoy! :) 

Chapter 37

“Welcome to the first practice of the national team. The first thing we need to do is announce the coach of the team. After much debate and opinions from all the gymnasts, we’ve gotten together and decided who your coach will be. The coach of the national team will be Peter with his assistant coach being Samuel.”

Peter stepped in front of the audience with Samuel standing right next to him.

“I have a very specific plan I’ve already discussed with Sam,” Peter said.

“Our first plan is to find 5 girls to travel with us to the first international competition in France,” Samuel added.

“We’re going to be choosing these five girls by hosting a competition,” Peter said. “All parents and family members are welcome to attend.”

“The competition will be held here in this gym,” Samuel said. “We’re extending these practices so all gymnasts will have until the end of the week.”

“We’ll be evaluating all week over the gymnasts’ skills and teamwork,” Peter said. “Now get to work.”

            It was weird seeing my gym so crowded. It made me wish the gym wasn’t connected to my house. With the gym being connected everyone is going to be coming and going all the time. I’m not going to have a lot of privacy from now on. The national team spread out on the mat and stretched out. When we were all stretched, we separated to different parts of the mat. I started by working on vault because it’s where I need the most work. I didn’t have a chance to speak to Nicole, Grace, or Emily the entire time we were practicing. I looked over at Nicole while I was working on beam and she was standing in line waiting to go to vault. I saw a smirk spread across her face and I knew exactly what she was thinking. Whitney was watching. I tried to keep the smirk off my face and I turned my attention back to the beam.

            When national team practice was finally over, the national team all met in one of our large living rooms to talk with Peter and Sam about the upcoming competitions. My mom ordered some food for all of us from a restaurant down town and left to pick it up.

Peter and Sam stood in the middle of the room with clipboards in their hands.

“I need all of you to know that I don’t pick favorites on this team. That’s not who I am. I will pick the gymnasts that I feel will represent the United States the best at the competitions. Once we have our first set of five, it will give the rest of you an idea of how hard you have to work to get to where they’re at. I expect you all to give 100 percent at every practice whether you’ve been chosen to compete or not. We may need you for another competition.”

“Onto the next situation,” Sam said, “This week while you’re practicing if you don’t already live here you will be staying at a hotel down the street. Peter and I have both agreed that all this week you will be running here from the hotel as your warm up.”

Whitney raised her hand, “I don’t think it’s fair that the rest of us have to run while there are others who live here and don’t have to.”