Hear No Secrets Chapter 34

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: so this story did not get any votes on the last chapter, but I decided to update anyway. I really love this story so I at least hope people are still reading it. Remember to vote if you are reading it, otherwise I am going to assume no one's reading it and no one likes it. If that happens then I will probably just stop updating the story.

Anyway, please please vote!

and enjoy! :) 

Chapter 34

            Nicole’s words kept playing over and over again in my head. I remember Coach’s speeches so clearly when we were younger. We had to be homeschooled so we could train during the day, but were expected to get near perfect grades if we wanted to continue training. As we got older and started maturing, he started creating even more rules for us to obey. I thought the rules were so stupid because we were too busy to do anything else besides gymnastics anyway. Now it doesn’t seem so stupid.

            Grant’s been trying to make me feel better for weeks, but nothing helped. He came over every day to work and stayed to watch me practice and spend time with me after. As much as he tried to get me to feel better, I never even felt like talking. Part of me believed Nicole was right and I can’t have it both ways, but the other part of me said I could because I already have. I couldn’t handle it if I really did have to choose between my two worlds. Everything was perfect while I was living in both. I could go hang out with my friends and I could practice at home and Grant could take me out on dates on the weekends. I found friends who didn’t talk about gymnastics all the time and it was a relief to have something else in my life other than gymnastics.

            I think Nicole started noticing my attitude. She hasn’t talked to me since we argued in the gym. Grace and Emily don’t even talk to her that much anymore. Two weeks after the fight, Grant finally got tired of us not talking.

“Chloe snap out of it! Tell me what’s wrong?!”

We were sitting out in the back yard on the porch when he started yelling.

My eyes started watering as I looked at him.

“What if Nicole’s right?” I struggled out.

He tightened his arm around me, “She’s not.”

“But what if she is?” I asked him. “What if I have to choose? Nicole’s right because I could never do it. I can’t choose between you and gymnastics.”

“I wouldn’t let you give up your dream for me.”

“But I wouldn’t let you walk away either because I wouldn’t be able to get a gold medal without you.”

“Yes you could,” he said.

“No I couldn’t,” I argued, “because I’d be too heartbroken to compete. That’s the thing Nicole doesn’t get. Even if I have to choose, no way would lead me to that gold medal. I’m too in love with you to let go.”

“Oh Chlo,” he pulled me on his lap and kissed my head. “Nicole’s wrong. You’re never going to choose between me and gymnastics. I’ll be here the whole time. If we have to have dates in the gym to keep our relationship going then I will.”

I let out a soft laugh and he continued.

“No one else understands our relationship and they never could because it’s ours. We’re the only ones who know everything that’s happened between us. You understand me and I understand you. We’re both two messed up teenagers who have had a pretty unique life. You’ve made it this far and I know you’re going to make it all the way. I’m going to be standing in the audience watching you get that gold medal at the Olympics.”