|| C H A P T E R 37 ||

Start from the beginning

Tyler went to the kitchen while I went upstairs to his room and threw myself on the bed. What a day. The fact that's it's only one doesn't help the situation any.

My phone rings from my back pocket. Sighing I pull it out. Checking the caller ID it's an unknown number. I still answer with a, "hello?"

"Hello? Grace?"

I abruptly sit up. That voice. I hadn't heard it since I was fourteen. Since the last time he tried to be a parent.

"I know you probably don't want to hear from me, but I'm in town. Your aunt and California are meeting me at five for dinner. I'd be more than happy if you joined us," he stopped talking.

I didn't know what to say. Well other than, "how did you get my number?"

"Trace gave it to me. Said it would be better if I asked."

Tyler walked in with a bowel of grapes. He curiously looked at me; reading my expression he knew something was up.

"Look I appreciate this call, but I don't think I will be attending this dinner."

He sighs, "I understand Grace, but there are some thing to talk about."

"I don't think we have anything to talk about."

"That's where you are wrong."

My face began to heat up, "no. I'm 18, I'm an adult. Last time I checked you had no hold on me even when I wasn't an adult."

"Come to dinner Grace, I will send you the address. Don't be stubborn." With that he hung up.

Tyler looked up at me, "who was that?"

I looked over at him, "that was my father."

Tyler had the same reaction as I did, "wait, for real?"

"Yes, he wants me to go to dinner."

"Well are you going?"

I shake my head, "of course not."

"Are you sure about that?"

🥱🥱❣️❣️🌪🌪

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I fixed the top of my silk shirt making sure it's folded down

"You'll be fine. Call or text me if you need anything."

I nod my head, "thank you Tyler."

"No need to thank me. Now get in there. I can pick you back up after if you want."

I nod my head and the car door opens. I swear Tyler's driver is like a mind reader. Getting off the car I take one more glance back and walk inside the restaurant.

Taking one step inside the restaurant I felt under dressed.

"Reservations?" An old guy stood at a podium wearing a full tux with white gloves.

I nod my head and look around. Cali and mom should be here by now.

"I believe she is with me." A man comes up from behind me.

I turn to greet him, "hello father."

He curtly nods his head, "Grace. Nice to see again." He gives the guy his name and we are escorted to a table in the back.

This place is way to fancy for my liking. Candles lit every table since the place was already know of dark, the men wore all types of suits, and the table spread was so fancy I'm glad I was forced to take etiquette classes when I was younger.

"Trace, California!" He greeted my sister and mom as we sat down. Well while I sat down. He went around the table giving them a hug.

"Nice to see you again John."

"Daddy that's not my name!" Cali scolds him for calling her by her full name that she already despised.

"Well I guess we should get this dinner started," he shrugs her off and lightly clapped his hands while smiling.

"What do you want?" I ask straight up.

"Grace, please manners," Trace lightly scolds me.

"Sissy, daddy's going to let me live with him!"

My eyes snapped to Cali. Trace looks down at her like she wasn't supposed to say anything yet and my father sighs.

"So this was what is all about? Your taking Cali back after all this time? What changed?" I shake my head.

The waiter came over and took our drink orders. The poor guy could probably feel the raging tensions.

"Grace hear me out-" I didn't let him finish.

"No, I'm done hearing you out! You can't just keep on coming in and out of our lives like that. I didn't deserve it and Cali doesn't deserve it now. You pick and choose when you want to be a father, and leave us on your in laws doorstep when your done with us."

"Abandoned?" he asks.

I shake my head, "you decided to let Trace have full custody over us. She has taken over the role of being both parents for years. Not to mention she has done a very good job. Don't ruin Cali's life by taking her away from the only mother she's ever known."

"Grace listen. Give me a chance."

"I've given you so many chances already, how many chances do you expect me to give you Patrick?" I look at him dead in the eye.

He's flabbergasted. Not knowing what to say.

"That's what I thought." Standing up I throw the napkin down on the table. I squat down next to Cali, "Know sissy will always love you." after giving her a kiss on the cheek I turn on my heels and walk away.

They call after me, but I can't right now. Yet again my life is in shambles.

Feedback?

Terra and Brooke?

Thoughts on Tyler?

Graces dad is back in the picture?

Where's Grace's mom?