Chapter 16

With nothing more to do at Austin's pack and having informed all relevant parties of Ryker's demise.

Leo and Grace left for Lunar Pack.

As they made their journey, Leo updated Grace with everything that had happened, informing her of how it all began and everything in between.

Grace pondered for a moment, "So...you don't know exactly who is behind this and why?" She asked.

"Not fully, at first we thought it was all to do with girls being kidnapped...but lately it feels too personal." Leo answered, shrugging his shoulders slightly,"We now have a name, Griffin, apparently he is behind all of this, if we get him, then the rest will follow."

"And you think identifying the woman who betrayed us, will help?" Grace asked, slightly uncertain, "It might take ages! By then...somebody could get seriously hurt."

"If this woman saw you near our pack in town, then she is more likely to be from our pack, so that is where we will start." Leo commented, "It will be a step closer in resolving this whole mess."

Shaking her head, "I hope you are right." She mumbled out, placing her hand in his, seeking comfort in these uncertain times.

Leo took Grace's hand and placed a kiss, "I have a feeling that things are coming to an end, we just got to have faith that things will work out."

Nodding her head, Grace gazed out at the passing scenery, praying that things indeed were ending, there had been a lot of suffering.

She also thought about her best friend's situation, how will it affect her when she comes face to face with Grace, will it make matters worse, will it harm her baby.

Turning to face her mate, "I think we should postpone seeing Raven." She told him, "If she is fragile like you say, then seeing me might trigger a negative memory and cause her to become sick or worse."

"Already thought of that, Mason will keep Raven away, until we are sure that she is ready for it." Leo replied, giving her hand a gently squeeze.

"Good...I wouldn't be able to handle it, if something happens to her because of seeing me." Grace replied, worry on her face.

Leo wrapped his arm around his mate, bringing her closer to him, "We will get through this together..." He instead answered.

Laying her head on his chest, Grace listened to the steady heartbeat of her mate, seeking comfort, worry for her friend and everything else was at the forefront of her mind.

She made a vow to herself, that she would be strong and protect anyone that needs her help.

She was not going to sit back and let some unknown entity try to take her happiness or the wellbeing of her new family away.