37

y/n's pov

the 5 of us drank a couple shots and did karaoke on the stage. i was drunk, but not drunk enough to forget about mattia— if anything, i thought more about him.

"i kinda just wanna go home," i tell mason.

"come on i'll drive us," he says.

we say goodbye to everyone and then get in his car and drive off.

"thank you for today," i say looking at him.

"what're friends for," he smiles, eyes still on the road. 

it was pretty dark outside but that meant all the lights were on, the view was beautiful.

then, out of nowhere, a car crashed into us roughly. the last thing i remembered was mason putting his right arm in front of me to protect me but everything went black.

mattia's pov
after alejandro and kairi left, it took me 20 minutes to decided whether i should go over to y/n's house or not.

her window was closed so i couldn't through there. for once, i actually decided to go to her house like a normal person and knock on the front door.

before i could even knock twice, her mom already answered it, crying.

"oh, hi mrs y/l/n, is everything okay? where's y/n?" i ask.

"s-she got into a car accident," her mom said panicking.

i widen my eyes. "oh my god."

"i'm gonna go to the hospital right now," she says running pass me to her car.

"can i come with you?"

she nods and i get into the passenger seat.

-

"hi i'm here for y/n y/l/n," her mom says to the front desk, "i'm her mother."

the worker tells us the directions to her room and we quickly jog over there.

y/n is still unconscious on the hospital bed and had stitches on her forehead. mason was in the same room as her but he seemed like he was waking up soon. her mom walked over and kissed her hand lightly.

"hi baby i'm right here," she whispered.

"where's y/n?" mason asked jolting awake.

"mason," y/n's mom said running to him. "what happened?"

"some idiot ran on a red light and hit us hard. i think he was going 60 miles per hour," he explained, "it hit y/n's side— she took most of the impact."

i walk over to her bed and take her hand that looked pretty bruised a fragile. "where's her ring?" i asked.

"the doctors probably took it off of her," mason said.

y/n's mom walked towards the door. "i'm gonna go talk to the doctors and find out more information on her recovery." and she walked out of the room leaving just me, mason and y/n.

"you sure you should be here?" mason asked me with attitude.

"and why wouldn't i be?" i replied.

"i dont know, maybe you'd ditch her to hook up with another girl in the back of your car again," mason shrugged. "just a guess."

his answer caught me by surprise, i had no words.

"mouth too dry from sucking her face?" mason snapped.

"does y/n know?" was all i could say.

"yeah she does, i don't think she'll be too happy with you when she wakes up."

"look i only went with claire because she was too busy kissing you on the dance floor," i said.

"she pushed me off asshole. she told me to fuck off because she 'loves you', and what does she get in return? a cheater."

"what? but i saw you at her house yesterday night," i mention.

"i was only there to comfort her cuz YOU weren't there."

i felt so bad now.

y/n's hand started moving in mine and her eyes slowly open.

"my head," she groans. "mattia?"

"hey baby," i said, guiltily.

she doesn't say anything and looks at me with hurt in her eyes. y/n turns her head and sees mason.

"what happened?" she asked.

"we got into a car accident," mason chuckles. "told you there isn't anything we don't do together."

"okay really?" i shout. "is now really the time to be talking like that?"

"mattia," y/n yells. "calm the fuck down."

"can we talk?" i ask. "alone? please."

mason scoffs. "what am i suppose to do— it's not like i can WALK out of here mattia."

"we can talk later," y/n says coldly.

"i'm sorry," i said sincerely. "i love you."

y/n just looks at me. "i'll talk to you later."

.