36

chileeeee you gotta be fucken kidding me i have to do a group call with my school and still have to wake up early you're kidding yourself🥱i really thought i'd have more time to write 😍
_________________________________

y/n's pov
next morning

i check my phone and mattia hasn't called or texted me at all. his curtain was closed last night and it's still closed now. i didn't really wanna go to school anymore cause i didn't know if i could handle seeing his face.

text to mason
y/n: hey i'm not gonna go to school today.
mason: do you want me to skip with you?
y/n: no i don't wanna ask you to do that.
mason: it's fine. you know what we should do?
y/n: what?
mason: go around the city and do literally everything we can think of.
y/n: lmfaoo we use to do that all the time. even went to that musical that we knew nothing about.
mason: exactly. get ready, i'm on my way.
y/n: bet, thank you mason.
mason: ofc

i put my phone down and went to go get ready.

(shoes: white vans)

i examine myself in the mirror and saw the locket and promise ring that i was wearing. my eyes start to water again— i didn't wanna take it off.

i sit on my bed and start twisting the ring around my finger, trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

mattia's pov
it felt like a bad dream but when i woke up, it was very much real. i decided not to go to school today because i didn't wanna see her but i regret hooking up with claire.

my curtains were still closed but i wanted to take a peak at her room to see if she was still there. i slightly open the curtain a little bit and saw y/n sitting on her playing with the promise ring i gave her. she still has it on.

a teardrop falls off her face and she quickly wipes it with her cardigan. no matter how angry i was at her, seeing her cry always made me sad. i close the curtain and sat on my bed, contemplating on what to do next.

y/n's pov

mason texted me that he was almost here so i went downstairs and waited for him outside. i looked up at mattia's room and his curtains were still closed.

-

"where do you wanna go to first?" mason asked.

"let's just go to the city and do the first thing we see,"
i suggest.

mason nods and continues driving.

when we pull up, the first place we saw was the ice cream store mason and i use to go to all the time.

"i stopped going here when you left," i mumbled.

"well," he said, "i'm back now."

hours must've passed.

we took pictures in front of the most random things and went to stores to pick out each other's outfits.

for a second there, i did forget about mattia. but then i passed by a jewelry store and saw a similar chain to the one i gave mattia.

mattia's pov

alejandro and kairi came by after school because they decided i needed a "boys day."

"how about," ale begins, "we order pizza, play fornite, and make tik toks."

"mhm i like the sound of that," kairi agreed. "we're the best trio out there— you don't need y/n you have us."

i smile slightly and play with the chain she gave me around my neck.

"you still have that on bro?" alejandro points out.

"i don't wanna take it off," i said.

"she belongs the streets," kairi said strictly, "take it off."

"she still has on her locket and ring," i mention.

"were you spying on her?" alejandro asks.

"well.. define spying," i reply. "i took a quick look into her room and saw her okay?"

"and? how'd she seem?" kairi asks.

"she was playing with her ring and crying," i answer. "and then she left for school i guess."

"she didn't come to school today," alejandro corrects me.

"she probably ditched cuz she couldn't face you," kairi said, "probably feels too 'guilty'."

"i hooked up with claire at the cotillion," i confess. "well she just gave me head but still."

alejandro and kairi sigh, with a little bit of disappointment on their face.

"honestly," alejandro said, "i think you should talk to y/n."

"what?" kairi said, "so she could lie to him even more?"

"y/n's never lied to any of us before," alejandro shouts, "besides, don't you wanna know why she did what she did?"

"yeah," i mumble, "i'll go over later tonight."

y/n's pov

"where do you wanna go now?" mason asks.

"you remember mariano, jaden, and cynthia?" i ask.

"oh shittt," mason says covering his mouth, "i haven't seen them in so long. where they at right now?"

"probably at the bar," i said, "they always hangout there even if they don't wanna drink."

"well let's go," mason puts his car in drive and we make our way to the bar.

-

when we walk in, mason and i saw the three of them playing pool in the corner.

"no way," jaden say, "is that mason?"

"dude, i didn't know you were back," marino says.

cynthia gasps and laughs at the same time and we go over there to give them a group hug.

"hey," jaden nudges me, "where's mattia? i havent seen him in a while."

i sigh and look at mason. he takes out his phone and shows cynthia jaden and mariano the photo of mattia kissing claire.

"dickhead.." mariano mumbles.

"baby it's okay you don't need him," cynthia says hugging me.

"yeah... you're right," i lied.

"come let's get you a few drinks," jaden says putting his arm around me.

.