21

y/n's pov
"tell me what's wrong, we'll fix it," mattia comforts me. "together."

"we can't fix this", i utter.

"what is 'this'", he asked.

"my dad.." i tried to say but it was too much for me. "my dad died."

mattia's face dropped. "oh my god i'm so sorry," he sympathized.

"i don't even know why i'm upset," i say through my tears. "i didn't even know him that well. he's the one who chose to leave us and broke my mom's heart. i dont even remember his favorite color."

"he's still your father," mattia replies. "you share his DNA, of course you're going to be upset. it's more than understandable on why you're sad. you're grieving.."

"there's nothing to grieve. i don't care that much."

"don't say that-"

i hear someone walk to my room

"hey y/n is everything oka-," cameron said before he saw mattia's arms around me. "this was your 'emergency'? mattia was your emergency?"

"it's not what it looks like bro i swear— i was comforting her because her-" mattia justifies.

"no it's okay mattia you don't have to make excuses for her," cameron interrupts.

i tried to explain myself. "no camero-"

"no whatever. i'm gonna go. don't follow me," cameron says angrily and walks downstairs.

mattia turns to me. "i'm sorry."

"if he won't let me explain myself and jump to conclusions then i don't wanna try anymore," i say coldly. "mattia i just wanna be alone right now, but thanks for coming by."

"are you sure? i can sleepov-"

"i'm sure," i say sternly.

mattia was surprised by my tone and left the room.

mattia's pov
i was worried about y/n. she acted like she didn't care anymore but i knew it still had to hurt losing her father like that.

i decided to call paige because other than me, she was the person who knew y/n the best.

calling paige...
paige: hello?
mattia: hey paige.
paige: hey mattia, why you calling me ? do you need kairi or something?
mattia: huh? oh no i didn't even know you guys were together.
paige: oh.. then what is it?
mattia: uhm.. y/n just got some bad news and i'm scared by how she's handling it.
paige: i thought you guys weren't on speaking terms.
mattia: i saw her crying in her room and decided to go over to her house.
paige: what? why was she crying ?
mattia: i think you should ask her that yourself. it's not my place to say.
paige: okay i'm on my way to her house.
mattia: she said she wants to be alone
paige: bitch i don't give a fuck
mattia: oh ok
paige: okay thanks for telling me bye.
mattia: by-

the call ended before i could even say anything.

a couple hours later..

paige is calling...

mattia: hey paige.
paige: holy shit you didn't tell me it was BAD BAD news.
mattia: well now you know.. how is she?
paige: acting like she doesn't care.. i'm worried.
mattia: why?
paige: cause whenever something bad happens— she acts out.
mattia: acts out ? in what way?
paige: breaking curfew, getting into unnecessary arguments, heavy drinking, drugs, etc. she acts careless. but eventually she'll break and admit she needs us.
mattia: well it's different this time, she has me to look out for her.
paige: maybe, or maybe that's not gonna change anything because nothing can compare to the fact her dad died. and honestly she's probably gonna end it with cameron soon.

i wasnt complaining but i felt bad.
and then i see y/n walk out her front door and head towards her car through my window.

mattia: she's on the move right now. i'll call you later.

i end the car and run downstairs. by the time i get out the front door she already pulled out of her driveway and drove off.

i get into my car and follow her.

.hi guys please give me some ideas and suggestions 🥺 thank you