32

mattia's pov
it's been too long and y/n still isn't back yet.

"julia, it's been too long, i'm going after her," i say.

"wait mattia-" i hear her say but i ignore it.

when i get out of the house i look to my left and right but didn't see her anywhere.

all i saw was a town nearby and i guess thats where she went.

after walking around i came across a cafe and saw her through the window talking to a guy ive never seen before.

what the fuck? she left the party to talk to another guy?

y/n's pov
"thank you for staying and chatting with me," i tell hector, "you definitely made me feel better."

"ahem."

i look up and see mattia staring at us.

"is this him?" hector asks.

"yup..." i answer awkwardly.

"i should get going but.. hopefully we can run into each other again," hector says getting up. and then he walks out the cafe.

"i've been looking for you.." mattia tells me.

"well.. you found me.." i reply.

"didn't know you had any friends here," mattia mumbles.

i roll my eyes. "does julia know you're here?"

mattia sighs and takes a seat. "i'm sorry, i shouldn't have let her get that close to me."

i calm down and sigh. "it's okay." i take his hand. "i'm sorry for ditching the party, she just made me feel uncomfortable."

mattia nods. "how'd you know that guy?"

"i met him at the airport in jersey."

"wow, and he's here in italy too?" mattia asks.

"yeah. coincidence i guess." i stop and look at the table. "do you wanna go back to the party?"

"nah, let's keep exploring this town, i wanna show you my favorite spots."

i smile and we walk out of the cafe holding hands.

after walking for a few minutes, mattia and i stop at a river.

"let's go for a boat ride," mattia suggests

"i hope you know how to work this thing," i say.

"just get in."

i chuckle and carefully step in.

mattia comes in after me and grabs the two paddles, leading is out of here.

he continues rowing the boat as i look around at the different buildings around us.

i look back at mattia and caught him looking at me.

"what?" i ask.

"you're beautiful," mattia whispers.

i smile and lean over to kiss him. "thank you for taking me here."

"thank you for coming with me," mattia responds.

once we get to the lake, mattia stops rowing the boat and let's us float around. i lean on his shoulder as we both stare out at the view.

i figured now was a good time to tell him.

"hey.." i say and picking up my head from his shoulder.

"what's up?"

"i just wanted to tell you that, you've changed my life for the better, and i couldn't imagine life without you. you make me beyond happy," i tell him, holding his hand.

a smile spreads across his face. "i feel the same way." he reaches for my neck and opens up my locket. "i'll never forget the night i fell for you."

"i dont want us to ever end because.." i take a deep breath. "i love you Polibio and i don't see myself not loving you, ever."

mattia looks up from my locket and stares at me, shocked from the 3 words, 8 letters i just said.

"are you gonna say something...?" i ask, nervous.

"i love you too, since day 1 i knew i was going to love you," mattia finally says.

a sigh of relief came out of my mouth.

"i guess now would be a good time to give to you this." mattia pulls out a small jewelry box.

when he opens it, it reveals a ring.

"mattia wait that's not what i meant," i panic.

"relax, i'm not proposing." he chuckles.

"oh.. then..."

"it's a promise ring. because i promise to always do right by you. i wanna be the one who makes you happy, makes you laugh, and maybe one day.. i can buy you a new ring, a different one."

i felt tears form in my eyes. "nope.. not gonna cry."

mattia smiles and puts the ring on for me. "i have the same ring at home."

after he puts the ring on me, i throw myself at him and hug him. "i love you."

"i love you too mamas. i always will."

.enjoy this moment because something hectic is coming soon 😈