Chapter 16, If Looks Could Kill

*Hey guys! Thanks for all the reads! You have no idea how great that makes me feel. 

*Don't forget to vote and comment :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,278

 Lucas Peterson 

Adrenaline is rushing through my veins, and I don't think I've ever felt more alive.

I feel the wetness of blood seeping from my neck from what was almost a fatal death-wound.

Oh jeez, I haven't done anything like this before. 

I'm very glad I was trained beforehand, or I'd probably be on the ground with a fully slit throat right about now. 

Sitting on top of the assassin gives me a surge of confidence, and I have the nerve to smirk at her.

The dirty look that she's giving me tells me that if looks could kill, I'd be dead fifty times over by now. 

Holding the Benitoite against the assassins' throat is the only thing stopping her from using her powers and turning me into an ice cube. 

The rare gemstone doesn't stop her from whistling, loud and shrill.

"Be quiet!" I hiss at her.

I let go of my vice-like grip on her hand in order to cover her mouth, trying to get her to be quiet.

That proves to be a big mistake, and she takes the opportunity gladly. 

She bites down on my hand that's covering her mouth and I let go in surprise, letting out a string of curses. 

Faster than what seems possible, the assassin uses her now free hand to grab the dagger that was lying on the ground. Using her head, she hits me in the gut, sending me flying backward.

And as I lie on my back on the ground, my neck and bitten hand bleeding, all I can think is 'One; she has one heck of a hard head and two; I'm going to die.'

And now the assassin is standing, her dagger in hand, and a glare on her face that screams 'By the way, I'm going to kill you slowly now'.

But now as she stands in the moonlight, I realize how beautiful she is. 

No, beautiful is an understatement.

She is gorgeous.

I've been with so many beautiful women, but the assassin standing in front of me puts them all to shame.

Her bleach-blond hair seems to glow in the moonlight, and her ice-blue eyes look like diamonds.

 If all the elements of the cold were put into one being, it would be her. 

Stunning, dangerous, and deadly.

While most women look ugly when they are mad, she looks breathtaking.

She looks like an angel.

But she's an assassin, so maybe not.

But if I do die tonight, I want to die by her hands.

She is my Death Wish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Void Icefall

I'm finally on my feet again, dagger in hand, and a deadly glare occupying my face. That numbing feeling comes over me, honing my focus on the prince razor sharply.