Part 5

Shauni's POV

 "Girls up!" I heard.

I groaned and opened one eye and it was six in the morning. I sat up and rubbed my eye.

"Girls!" 

"I'm up!" I yelled.

I got up and reached for my phone. I looked at Jaz before I went to the bathroom.

"Yo, Jaz get up." I said.

She moaned and turned over.

"Okay, have ma come in here again." I said and went to take a shower.

After I brushed my teeth I wrapped my towel around me and left the bathroom. I saw ma in the hallway going towards our room. I slowed my pace. 

"JAZMINE MARIE CARTER! GET YOUR BUTT OUT THE BED BEFORE YOU MAKE US LATE!" She yelled.

She could have woke up all of New York. I walked towards our room and she came out. She looked upset.

"I'm up." I said.

"And I thank you for that." She said kissing my forehead. "Now get dressed and come eat."

I nodded and went to get dressed. Jaz was mad she got yelled at but hey, she should've got up.

I got dressed in my uniform. I put my hair in a pony tail and put on my Jordans and grabbed my backpack.

I went to eat my breakfast and when I was almost done Jaz came in still putting on her shoe.

"Why do we have to get up so early?" She asked.

Ma sat her plate in front of her.

"Because I have to drive you all the way to jersey for school and there will be traffic so hurry up and eat." She said and left out.

"Did you do that algebra packet?" I asked Jaz.

"What algebra packet?" She asked.

"Okay, that's a no." I said.

"You did it?"

I nodded.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"We're in the same class. You not deaf. She said when it was due." I said.

She smacked her teeth.

"You gonna let me see it?"

I rolled my eyes.

"No." I said.

"Why-"

"Calm down." I said. "I'll let you see it during the day. If ma catch you you gonna be in trouble."

"I'm not gonna get caught. We'll be good." She said smiling.

I shook my head and finished my breakfast.

Ma drove us to school.

"Y'all have a good day. If I'm not here at 3:30 your dad or Frank will." She said.

"Okay bye." We said. "Bye Blue"

She drove off and we went to our lockers. I gave her the packet. 

"Meet here before algebra to give me the paper back."

"Alright, I got you." She said.

I shut my locker and we went our separate ways. Everything went as planed and we had a smooth day. 

After lunch I was called to the office. Am I getting early dismissal? They told me my algebra teacher wanted to see me. 

I went to her class.