Chapter 7: Change

Keiko POV:

Hmmmm. I continued staring at my phone. "Her schedule is really packed yet she still has time for my boyfriend!" I mumbled aggressively under my breath.

Whatever! I still got a date before they leave together. Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me sick.

I bit my nail.

But I gotta wait for his response. I wonder where he is. Better not be with her! If they start dating.

Then the thought of them being together made me close in my teeth so hard that I broke off a piece of my nail off. I spit it out and take out a nail file.

"Sigh. Stay calm" I repeatedly tell myself. "Calm. You already have a plan..." I curved into a smile.

"Hey, Keiko!" One of my friends surprised me from behind.

"Hi!" I giggled. We all greeted each other and talked about something I didn't care about but I had to act like I did. Then it was the moment to speak.

"There's something I want to ask you guys" I asked shyly. They closed in to listen to me. I covered my mouth and looked away in shame. "You know Aratani Rikona?"

They all nodded and I felt joy inside myself. This will be interesting...

~ Rikona POV ~

"Any advice?" Chuukichi asked me. I think this is one of the rare moments of me actually helping him do something he doesn't have experience with but I do. "And it's just a friend's date" He glared at me and I returned it with a smirk.

"I get it" I scoffed. Although he said that he wants to just choose a friendly place, I think he wants to be more romantic. So now I got an idea.

"I'll help you...." His ears perk up. "With a discount"

"Nevermind." He said with no hesitation.

"W-Wait!" No! I can't lose my customer! "Why? I know what you want." I hold onto him so he doesn't leave.

He looks at me "You know I have other friends, right?" He's right. Yagi is his best friend who's taken and dating my Evelyn who belongs with me.

"But do you want him or your other friends to know about your relationship?" I gaped at him and he flinched. Gotcha! However, this is a very risky choice. I could lose my money or my failed business.

"Sigh. Fine, I'll help you with no charge" I bit my tongue and I felt myself hurting from losing my business officially. This is goodbye, my riches. I cry on the inside.

He sits down and I give him actual good advice that he needs while also feeling pain in my heart due to the loss. How else do I make more cash?

"So cheap and easy?" He looked at me in confusion. "Since when were you like that?"

That question was like a stab in the back. I'm known for buying really expensive stuff but also making lots of unnecessary doughs. "You know that expensive and overpriced places are lame and cliche. Nobody actually enjoys those places as a first date because you're forced to talk and wait for food."

I know from experience. I shudder at that time when I had to eat with Noble for business but he treated it as a date and I was the one who asked him out when I requested his father. "Not to mention we're all broke college students." I clarified

"That is true...." He thinks for a while and I saw a bit of sweat from him.

Ah-ha... He really has zero experiences. I guess a good friend would tell him to relax and be yourself. However, that good friend is not me.