Chapter 18: Truth

Beep....

"Please save her...."

Beep....

"I can't lose her again..."

Beep....

"Who are you...?" "You're not supposed to be around her!"

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppp........

"Rikona, please wake up"

"....."

Her eyes opened and the first thing she saw was the ceiling. Many machines attached to her and a heart monitor just beeping beside her. Rikona wakes up in a hospital room, a private one too.

Her grandfather must've found out.

She groaned and got a splitting headache from sitting up too quickly. There was a sharp pain in her abdominal area too and she rubbed the surface of it. There was a bandage on it and she predicted she had gotten surgery.

Rikona couldn't believe she survived.

She just rests on the bed and stares at the ceiling. Pondering if she should push the call button or not.

Eventually, she did and a nurse came in with a doctor. She had a glimpse of guards outside her door and let out the heaviest sigh which she regretted later on because it hurt her in the wound.

"Oh you're finally awake" The doctor tells her and checks her data on the clipboard.

"... Where's Mr. Asato?" The first person Rikona can think of.

"Oh, the man that donated his blood to you? You're one lucky girl to have a blood donor right next to you" The doctor jokes.

Rikona puts on a frown and stares with a deadpan expression. She glares and demands the answer. "Where is he?"

"... Well, I don't know. He left after talking to, I think your grandfather? Sheesh, a father and son argument almost got messy outside if it weren't for your life on the line"

"... Father..." Rikona mumbles in a whisper and looks down. "That's right..."

All those times they spent together and he seemed to know her too well. Rikona was always told that she's an exact replica of her mother, both looks and personalities, kind of. He treats her well and his blue eyes are so familiar as if she's being reminded of her dear little sister. Junko.

Rikona got her mother's side while Junko got her father's side. And that father is....

"I want to see him!"

"Calm down now. You're still a patient and-"

"I don't care! I want to see my dad!" Rikona shouted and tried to jump off the bed, but failed when her legs were numb and weak. "... Ugh!"

"... You'll be discharged in a few months. For now, take a rest and we'll notify your family that you woke up soon" The doctor clicked the pen and still spoke in a restrained tone. "Meanwhile you should thank your boyfriend for sticking by your side the whole time"

".... boyfriend?" Rikona mumbled in confusion and lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh, then a friend or family relative"

"...." Rikona still had no clue until one specific person popped into her mind and she flinched in shock. "... you don't mean...."

"Handsome man. He couldn't leave your side and when he arrived here, he looked like he had seen a ghost! Covered in sweats and out of breath! He refused to leave your side but had classes I guess. Though he did visit occasionally only to find you asleep still but the next time he comes again. He'll have a new surprise!"