Chapter 3: Distractions

Maria POV:

Tests and exams are always my top priority! If I fail even one, then my potential future will go downhill. Just graduated with a master's degree, go to grad school, then get a job. However, there's more to that! Now now. Time to focus on my upcoming exam!

I study in the library with stacks of books on my table as I do my homework in between. I continue my usual routine and focus on my tasks. This is normal for me! Just work and study!

Work, study, work, study, wor- "Hey!"

"Ah!" I got startled and stopped my routine making a semi-mess on my table. I recognize that voice... "What do you want, Sawamura?" I glared at him.

"I just wanted to say hi" He smiles blundering. I told him to leave me alone and he did.... For a bit.

"What are you studying?" He came back and this time he grabbed a book from my stack and examined it. "Philosophy? Are you even taking that class?" He looks at me with a confused face.

I shake my head. "No, but I might, next year! So I have to be prepared and not go out risking my grade like some..." I scoffed and scorn at him.

"... Excuse-a-you-n-me! I say I am not the so-called 'some'" He said. I can't tell if he's joking or not. "But you do you. But sometimes it's good to go out. You don't know until you do it" He sat in front of me and observed my stack book by book. Since he wasn't speaking anymore nor bothering me. I just continued my performance.

"Let's go out!" He said and I became unsure of his decision. "You should explore these parts! And it's ok to let loose too!" Then I realized the stacks of books on my table were gone!

I glared at him, not wanting to go. "No! I have an important test tomorrow!"

"....." He looks at me with doubt and skeptical of my response. "I think you had enough of your precious study time and just come with me" He held his hand out for me to pull on.

"Fine" I stood up myself and he let his hand down while smirking at me. "But you better not make a fool out of us!" I scold him and he just chuckles softly at me.

"Trust me. I won't" He grabbed my hand and dragged us out of the library.

"Let's go!" He yelled. My hand was still wrapped in his all warm and cozy. For some reason, it doesn't bother me.

*Meanwhile* ~ Kiwa POV ~

"Who knew that Tokyo University is also hard to get in." I swing my leg up and down in the air while laying in bed with my roommate just casually listening to music so loud that she can't hear me. She's a good listener. "I tried to follow my friend, but I got rejected and I realized how crazy that was. So I decided to go to Osaka University" I said.

"But at least I get to bond with my brother more than usual and Maria too! But I'm pretty sure the library had become her best friend so that's old news." I slouch.

"Man. Letting all these thoughts out really change me!" Then I looked at the time and jumped out of bed. "Thanks! You're the best roommate!" I yelled out as I closed the door.

Time to meet up with him.......

*Meanwhile* ~ Tomoya POV ~

"Evel-"

"Hmph!" She avoids facing me. I begin to worry more.

I walked in front of her with a smile "Dar-"

"Hmph" She looks away and turns her body to the side.

She's giving me silent punishment! She puffs her cheek while pouting at me. I can't be serious with her since she looks so cute like this. I can't help smiling at her.