Chapter 1: Growing

Rikona POV:

College... We're going to college now, but different ones. I do feel strange about this new life I'm going to adapt to. Especially when I have something new going on.

*Typical alarm clock ring*

*Click*

I turn off my alarm with one hand as I brush my teeth with the other. I woke up earlier than usual. "Sigh. I can't believe it's today" I groaned.

I washed up, got changed, and walked downstairs to eat my last breakfast before departure. Break ended so fast and now I'm going back to school, Junko cries to me about separating and I had to comfort her all morning. As I finished my last day in the mansion and my driver takes me to the entrance of the subway. He drops me off with my luggage and I walked inside to mt with a group of people to see us off.

"... Why are you here?" I joked. Kiwa jumps on me and hugs my neck tight so that I can't breathe.

"I'm going to miss you!" I pounded her back so that she let go, but she didn't notice until Evelyn had to get her off of it. Everyone gathered around me and said typical stuff that makes me feel happy. Maria and Yuki were my friends since the beginning of my high school years. We went through many adventures together. Kiwa, a girl I met at a very young age, all loud and energetic. Her spirit makes me laugh and brings joy to all of us. Evelyn my best friend from Britain, helped me go through some troubles I had. We suffered a lot, but we stayed strong together. I loved all my friends even more before I even realized it now.

*Drip* I quickly wipe my teardrop.

"You're actually crying for us!" Ryuuichi laughs as I denied it. It's been a long time since the rejection, at first he couldn't be with me for a while. But as time went by, he moved on because we're friends. I'm glad that he stopped his feelings for me... But I wonder when will he date Yuki? I once tricked them into going on a date with the help of my slave (Chuukichi) and they bonded... Still, he's dense af.

Yagi tends to cry Evelyn sad that we're splitting. I glared at him in disapprovement.

I stopped calling him Tomoya because it's easier to call him that.

"Thanks for being my friends" I faced away in embarrassment. This is the first time I feel like this. "And for being here before I go away"

"It's no problem," I heard him say. I turned to face him smiling all wholeheartedly at me. Hayato the person who I cherish. We locked eyes for a while.

"We're not going to be separated forever..." I scoffed.

"I know" He ruffles my hair when I had it perfectly done. He managed to ruin it in seconds.

"Yeah..." I grinned despite being far apart. Nothing will affect our current relationship.

*Before*

"I just want to talk..." I said and he nodded as he stared at me all enchanting. I avoided his gaze and sat on the swing, he sits on the swing next to me.

"So..." He hesitates, "What do you want to talk about?"

I don't know, I just wanted to answer him, but now I'm just stalling. Then something captured my attention, it was the sandbox. It's still here. Hayato and I had always played there.

"Remember this place?" I still stare at our childhood place. He said yes.

And I chuckled softly. "What's so funny?" He asked

"Well, we used to hide from our parents in that very spot" I looked at the bushes and he let out a laugh.

We lock eyes and reminisce about our past together. The more we talked, the more joy I felt near him. We were so focused on our conversation that we lost track of time. How could we not? Being friends for so long and suddenly split apart is equal to being stabbed right in the heart. As our conversation slows down and we begin to stop laughing. I bring up one last topic before I give my final answer. About how I truly feel about him.