Chapter 21: Beginning

~ 3rd POV ~

"Hurry up!"

Footsteps echoed in the hall and heels were clicking.

"Is she ready?!"

"The guests are waiting!"

Everyone was running down the halls in their formal attires. Splitting up and separating at one intersection of the hall by genders. The girls ran to the bride's room while the boys sprinted to the groom's room.

The doors opened and startled the family inside. The maids froze at the sight of the beautiful bride and gaped in astonishment while admiring her beauty. They never knew she could get this beautiful and some are brought to near tears.

"Oh my... god" Rikona managed to gasp.

"You're so pretty!" Kiwa ran into the room and tried to hug the bride but was stopped by the elder sister.

"Don't ruin her dress!"

"Oh right!"

"Evelyn, congratulations!" The others went inside and talked to the bride while she giggled.

"Thank you for coming" Evelyn smiled and held the bouquet in her hands.

"Mama is so gorgeous" Bennett comments and everyone is in awe at his compliment toward his mother.

"Yes, she is," The man tells his grandson. "But let's not mention 'dada'. Ok?"

"Father!" Evelyn pouts and everyone else laughs.

Meanwhile, Rikona faked the chuckle and a set of chills went through her spine. One thing hasn't left her mind and that is when to reveal the relationship with the groom's best friend. It definitely cannot be revealed today because this is a celebration especially for another couple that isn't them.

She has to hide it for now but waits for the right time as the bride prepares to walk down the aisle and marries her groom.

*After the Wedding Ceremony*

"Hey! Stop what you're doing!" Rikona whispered loudly at her boyfriend in a dark room with a glare.

"Just trust me. It'll be over quick" Chuukichi reassured with a shush but she had doubts.

"No! Because it's going-"

"What are you doing?"

A voice enters the darkroom and startles the pair hiding inside. They flinched and turned to their friends that were standing by the doorway in confusion. The shadows were very close and intimate if they could describe it that way.

Then the lights were switched on and they were exposed.

".... Are... Are you two...?"

"Gulp" They broke into a cold sweat and avoided the eyes.

"Doing your mathematics project?!" Evelyn yells. "On my wedding day?!"

"Sorry, my sweet honey bun." Rikona apologizes. "But it's an important project that will determine our final grade"

"If we don't get it done, we fail" Chuukichi defends.

Everyone was in shock and gawked at them in disbelief. After having a heated argument, the married couple went back to partying along with their friends and the two managed to get away with their secret affair. They learned to be more careful next time and created more excuses to see each other between times.

*TIME SKIP* - Train Station -

After so long of not seeing each other, the vacation went by so fast and everyone had to separate once again. Rikona and Chuukich are sent back to college and their friends will be seeing them off one last time before they could see each other once again when the next break comes. It'll be a long year but the end is almost here.