Chapter 19: Confession

*Earlier* 

~ Rikona POV ~

I arrived at his place. I actually managed to come back to this place. My hands were shaking and sweat was dripping all over me. I was nervous to see him but I had to.

Because he is my father.

I rang the doorbell but there was no response. Instead of ringing it again or giving up, I decided to break in anyway and picked the lock.

"Ah! Intruders!"

"It's me" I replied quickly before he got defensive and beat me. I hope he knows how to protect himself.

"...Rikona?"

".... Yes" I entered the room and we were staring at each other. Same faces and frowns. I knew we were alike somehow.

"I'm glad you woke up and recovered" There were a couple of boxes around the room and I shuddered from the sight.

Don't tell me he's going to move out now?

"... How long?" I mumbled and he flinched. "Why did you suddenly appear later? How come....?" I was too weak to even talk.

"Rikona..." He whispers softly.

"Tell me, father" I demanded bluntly and stepped forward slowly. "Just..." I was quaking. "Why? Why did you leave us?"

"..... I'm sorry" He responded. Then all of a sudden, he reached out to me and hugged me. I jumped from the action and widened my eyes in bewilderment as he warmly consoles me. "I didn't think you girls deserve a pathetic father like me that couldn't fight for your mother"

"...."

"I'm sorry... my daughter"

"Father..." I whined and a tear fell out. "Don't leave us ever again"

And so, just like that. He comforted me the whole time while I cried into his arms. A mix of sadness and happiness about our reunion. Our lives were getting fixed and we healed each other through a family bond.

That's when we started to become a real family and we were introduced to the world as father and daughter officially. Junko will finally know her dad.

*Present* ~ 3rd POV ~

"It's been so long since I ate this much" Rikona drinks her water to satisfy her need.

"You can eat to your heart's content" Chuukichi gives her a piece of meat and puts it on her plate.

Rikona and Chuukichi met up as planned and he decided to take her out for dinner at a place nearby. This time he was paying and Rikona did not feel guilty about it since she could repay him other times.

"I always see you putting food on my plate instead of yours. You should eat too" Rikona takes the tongs from him and stares at him seriously. "The meat is delicious"

"It is" He smiles at her and her eyebrow twitches from that expression. It seems more gentle than before and affectionate.

She grins and this time serves him his portion. Grabbing some meat off the grill and placing it on his plate. "Eat some"

Then the two enjoyed their meal and stuffed their stomachs until full. They liked today a bit too much but it was short as the plate emptied and the bill arrived.

Yet there was room for dessert and so they got there.

As they finished their night, they decided to end it in familiar territory of the campus. The grass field where Rikona decided to teach Chuukichi soccer and demolished him every round without mercy.