Chapter 2: What's going on?

Rikona POV:

How did it come to this?

"Are you ready?!" The referee asked and we both nodded.

I put on my helmet at the same time as him. We held up our swords at the referee's command.

One minute ago, we just talked about running into each other and the graduation, then it went to fencing experiences and somehow comparing ourselves. Then the manager said there was a fencing practice room where we could fight! I only agreed because I didn't want to lose my pride. However, I have an advantage because I'm young, but at the same time, I don't know how long he fence nor fit he is.

"Ready... FENCE!" I ran to him with my sword and tried to slash him from the side.

He dodges it!! And blocks my attack! "Rookie mistake"

BANG

He hit my head and I stumbled backward. I should've known that I'll lose....

He chuckles and takes his helmet out while looking at me with gentle eyes.

"Rematch!" I yelled. Why am I doing this again?

This excitement and heart-pumping feeling. I like it.

"If you say so..." He prepares for another round.

*TIME SKIP*

When people become so focused on their activity, they lose track of time. That's what had happened exactly to us. I acted like a child and played all types of sports with him that the University provided and we knew. Defeated one after another despite not being an athlete. However, the only sport I beat him in was ballet! But it's not fair to him because I'm more flexible.

Then I found that he's a music professor at the University. Which means I get to see him anytime. I don't know why but the fact makes me feel happy and not creep out at all. Do I really like being with him? How is it that I ran into Nagoya and Osaka at the same time?

But he's a stranger, well not anymore and he's also younger than I thought. I told him he was probably around 50 because everybody looks young these days especially Auntie... Turns out he's 36. Very young for a college professor....

"Do you think I have time to squeeze in one more class?" I asked Chuukichi who was busy doing his lesson plan. I told him about the tutoring place and he saw through my tactic. Although he got a job here, it's not in my favor since he knew I had Oliver search it for me.

"... Why are you asking me that?" He stared at me in disbelief.

"Because I want to take an elective" Especially music, especially Mr. AA class. I have always loved listening to music and mommy's singing. I used to dance to it every night. If it's silent, the mood is different and dancing won't be as fun and relaxing...

"Are you sure you won't get stressed?" He looks at me worriedly.

I gaped at him in shock. Since when is he concerned about me?

"How adorable. You care about me." I teased him. I'm such a bad friend.

He glared at me with his natural face and stood up from his chair. "We should prepare for tomorrow" He walked away.

How can I forget it's the first day tomorrow... I heard some murmurs around me after he left. This is so dumb. I thought these things only happen in fiction, not real life! I thought that escaping high school would escape all the popularity drama, but apparently it can happen in college too. Just wait when classes start, let's see how much time they have left to fangirl over him...