six.

“Why're you peeling off all the pepperoni? That's the best part.”

Piper stuck her tongue out at Percy. “You know very well that I'm a vegetarian, loser.”

Percy smiled, shrugged, and took a large bite of his own slice of pizza.

Annabeth shook her head at their antics. She sat beside Percy on the couch, enjoying her pepperoni and olive pizza. She found it funny that Percy wasn't picking on her for having such a strange taste, since he'd originally wrinkled his nose at her plate in distaste. She was relieved, though. She was too exhausted to defend her pizza.

“Did you say you had a movie picked out, Pipes?” Jason was sitting next to Piper, his arm resting on her shoulder.

Piper grinned. “Yep. Have any of you ever seen Peter Johnson and the Thunder Stealer?”

Percy and Jason shook their heads.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. “You mean that flunked book adaptation? No, I stayed far away from that thing.”

“Great. We're gonna watch it.” Piper pulled the DVD from the table beside her. “I want to see how bad it really is.”

Annabeth wasn't going to lie, she was curious herself. So she stood to help Piper work the DVD player. When she came to sit back down, Percy was holding two of the McLean's fluffiest blankets. He didn't know that Annabeth always claimed them when staying at her best friend's house.

She smiled and grabbed one, plopping down and making herself comfortable. Her knees were touching Percy's, and despite her thumping heart, she felt completely at peace and comfortable with the close proximity. Soon, they were both immersed in the movie––which really was as bad as they had heard––and didn't even realize their eyes were drooping.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––– ✨

Dang,” Jason murmured.

Piper nodded. “Its been a while since I've seen Annabeth like this. I told you I could make it work,” she smirked, turning to him.

Jason faced her as well and pecked her on the lips. “I never doubted you, Pipes.”

Piper slipped her phone from her pocket and snapped a picture of Percy and Annabeth. They had fallen asleep during the movie, and she wasn't going to miss an opportunity as golden as this one for her camera roll of successes.

Half of Annabeth's head rested on Percy's shoulder, the other half his chest. His head was on top of hers, his black hair falling into his face, and his hand rested on her leg. Piper tried her hardest not to squeal.

She grabbed Jason's hand and led him out of the room tip toeing.

“Come on. We need to plan the next one.”

–––––––––––––––––––––––––– ✨

And that's how the McLean Annual Yard Games had been turned into a double date.

Spoiler alert: Annabeth never missed a single one after.