Seven

Studying for the PSAT was not my favorite pass time but what else is there to do, I could do what Miranda is doing and text and scroll my life away on a phone.

She smiled and chuckled every so often. Nothing is that amusing. I closed my book and sat on her bed next to her. "What are you laughing at?"

"I'm just looking at Memes."

"The memes have you smiling that hard?" My passive tone seemed to have no effected her as she continued on. "M?"

Finally she shows me some DM's. I Scuff at the mediocrities of the conversations she was having. "Who the hell is this guy?" I ask looking at the highlighted words of Handoverlover345, She shrugged. "He keeps asking for pictures, what a creep." She said nonchalantly. She went back to the DMs I saw a text from Amelia's profile.

"Hey that's Amelia. You remember her?" I say pointing to her text message. It was just the heart eye emoji.

"Oh I recognize Her! I talked to her at Nathan's party, seemed cool."

"She told me she was interested in you."

"Really? she's so pretty." Miranda clicked her profile and began scrolling through her pictures.

"Your so pretty Miranda." I smack her shoulder lightly.

"I'm mean duh." She flicked her hair "I'm saying she seem's mature." She clicked a picture of Amelia on the beach in a green swim suit. She looked good.

"I say go for it. Have some fun or whatnot." I see a notification come up in her phone. It's was a text message from Juan. "Is that my cousin?" I asked as neutral as possible.  The text said something about a party.

She nodded slowly. Almost like a kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"Since when are you and Juan texting?"

"Ehh few weeks, I didn't know I had to report my every move to you." She didn't hide the irritation in her voice. I don't understand why she's so defensive about it.

"It's just weird neither one of you guys mentioned you guys are friendly now." I stood up from the bed grabbing her full attention.

"It's not that deep Nia, we just send memes and stuff."

"Miranda I don't thin-"

"You wanna talk about how you and Nathan just magically got together and you didn't mention ANYTHING about it."  I rolled my eyes, Mostly because I don't have a response. She had a point.

"Wow! You know what M I think I'm going to bed." I plopped back on the bed. Pulling the covers over me. 

"Oh no, no, no! You wanna talk? let's talk about everything." I heard her walking then saw her shadow over me through the blanket. I did the only thing anyone in my situation would do -- I started fake snoring.

"Why are you with Nathan after everything you seen and known him to be? Is he blackmailing you?" It was like I was in a interrogation room. But I did what any smart person would do in this situation -- kept snoring.

"Hello? I know you hear me Nia." She shook my body.

"Can't hear you I'm sleeping." I protest.

"Miranda! Nia! Dinners ready!"

"After we eat dinner."  I pull the covers back off and head down, M not to far behind me. "Oh no Lopez This conversation is far from over!" She whispered harshly.

I pretended not to hear her. We walked into the living room all set up nice and neat. Her dad was sitting at the table reading a book.

"Johnny put that away! Have a seat girls."  Miranda moms spoke with pride.