Eight

Almost a week later I was showing Miranda around the park. It was customary, Miranda had been here countless times so her boredom was noted during the tour. After a rigorous interview with the boss, she got the job. Hired as game operator.

Miranda was strutting around in her new uniform. I had to say she did look good. "You feeling the uniform huh?"

She smiled confidently. "I didn't think I would but yeah." She spun around proceeding to cat walk in front of me. I chuckled. "Okay Kendall Jenner."

"I'm more of a Zendaya or Cara delivine."

"Sure," I brush off quickly. Our tour was coming to a close. Last stop was the locker room.

"Make sure you lock your locker," I say handing her a lock. "Your code is 0532."

She placed the lock in her locker and smiled at me. "Look at me, working a job." She was clearly pleased with herself. I was proud of her but I was also nervous. Miranda can be difficult sometimes and I
Don't need her making me look bad.

"Miranda?" I say as we walk out of the locker room.

"Yeah girl."

"I need to take this job seriously, are we clear?" We had stoped walking and I give her a stern look.

She nodded her head in understanding. "I got this Nia." She places a hand on my shoulder pulling me into a hug. "Your the best friend ever!" I roll my eyes but hug her back.

"Now! Let's get you started on your first day." We walked to her gaming station. It was the hit the clown game not to hard to operate. "Here is the price list, the prizes and the stakes." I show her the lists behind the counter for reference even though they were on a sign for the Customer to see.
"You put the collected money in your Fanny pack and put it into the system. "No tips, giving away prizes, leaving stand unattended and no stealing." I know M would never do anything but I'm just following protocol.

Miranda nodded and smiled. "Is that all?" She asked hopeful.

"No, we're waiting on Gavin he gonna train you make sure you can handle your self then your free to work alone my child." I assure her.

"Is Gavin cute?" I could tell she was making conversation.

I shrugged. "Gavin okays."

"Ugh, alright." She pulled her phone out and started texting. I grab her phone out of her hand. "No phone's"

"What?"

I eye her while placing her phone in her back pocket. "You heard me, you can't just—"

"Is that Amelia?" She asked cutting me off. Still I turned my head.

She was setting up her ice cream stand.  Miranda had that look in her eye almost Distant. I felt myself getting annoyed. Mostly due to the fact she's been hanging around my cousin.

"Can you call her over here." She said so innocently. I sighed but I called her over.

"Amelia!"

She looks over at us and nods. I usher her over with a wave of my hand.

"Hey girls what's up." Her demeanor was calm and cool. She reminded me of one of those K-pop girls. Her hair was pulled up into a tight ponytail like usual and her makeup was fabulous I might add.

Miranda seemed to be playing it cool. "Nothing much, waiting on my trainer." She replied. 

"I remember when I was a game operator, be weary of thief's epically  little kids, and make sure you put all the right amounts in the system." She stopped herself. "Sorry I'm rambling." She turned to me. "Who's training her? Mya?" She asked.