Four

I looked at the text. I already had a feeling what this was about.   I didn't respond. Juan was bobbing his head to the music that played and M was on her phone. I peeped a smile form on her lips. She was probably texting Marcus.

Juan finally pulled up to my house. Nathan's car was in my drive way. He was sitting on the hood looking at his phone.

"Is that Nathan in your drive way?" Juan asked. He seemed confused.

"Yes, Sadly." I sighed and unbuckled my seat belt. You good?" He asked. I nodded my I head. Miranda grabbed my shoulder and winked at me.

"Be nice." I say to her before I get out to face the music. I wave goodbye to Juan and got out the car and walked up to him.

He took a second to admire me before speaking. "You look nice." He grabbed the bottom of my dress flinging it out. "Thanks." I say dryly, swatting his hand away. I was trying to display a annoyance. He caught on the because he smiled and continued on with why he really wanted to talk to me.

"So I have some great news," He starts off with a wide smile. "Well more so great for me, less great for you. My dad decided to give me a shot at the manager position!"

I head shot at him immediately!

"What?"  I asked in disbelief. No way Howard would consider him of all people.  "You don't even want or deserve that promotion." As harsh as it may have sounded it was true, this man didn't deserve it. I'm the one putting in extra hours, filling paperwork, ordering food and supplies, renewing and getting all permits, the list goes on and all Nathan has done was play second fiddle, he isn't half the employee I am.

"Ehh my father seems to think I might be a candidate. And 3 extra dollars a hour is a lot plus the 2500 bonus and the college scholarship." 

"Things you don't need! Your dad owns the park, he made over a 6 figures last year."  I say in protest. Though the park was small but it had a lot of people coming threw every year.

"Yeah, you think I didn't say the same things, he want me to "earn and work for things I want in life." So I'm just as unhappy about this as you but I gotta do what I have to Nia." He shrugged.

I shook my head in disappointment. I would have to talk to Howard. No way he thought Nathan was a better candidate that me. I was hard working, coordinated and ambitious! All things a manager should be and Nathan is a half ass slacker employee who been riding my cartel for the last 2 years!

"Liam told me he gave you a ride home." He snapped me outta my thoughts. He looked away from me looking towards Liam's car. I had totally forgot about that. "Yeah, it was raining and the bus was late."  I state simply.

He chuckled. "I had no problem giving you a ride Nia."

I laugh. "I'm sure you wouldn't have. You've been trying to give me rides for 3 years now." I say slyly.

After a moment of silence I spoke up. "Okay! I have homework... so..." I start walking until I feel Nathan grab me.

"You know Liam is to old for you?" He grabbed my wrist. My heart sped up. 

I scoffed trying to play it off. "Excuse me?" I asked. It sounded like he was trying to check me.

"You heard me." He repeated.

"Your not my daddy or my man you can't check me!"

He shrugs. "It appears like I just did."

I squint my eyes at him. "You know what?" I snatch my wrist from his grasp. "What?" He asks calmly.