Two

Begining of fall season was hot. I was itching to get back into my Aunts house filled with A/C. The buses around my town were pretty old and needed to be updated. Meaning no A/C , it takes me about a hour to get home.

When I finally made it home it was 1:15 am. I was in desperate need a car. I'm going away to college soon So it would be nice to have a vehicle.

I tip toed through the house  not wanting to wake up my Aunt or her husband.

I went into the kitchen saw a plate in the microwave. I loved how considerate my Aunt was. I took it out sat at the island and began to eat. It was Beans, yellow rice, chicken and green beans. I was try use to eating alone on late nights like these. Thinking about my future, what I wanted for myself. When I finish I washed my plate and went to bed.

Dinner at my Nana's house was interesting to say the least. My
Nana lived in a lovely house. I admired her story of being a young immigrant coming to America with her kids and making a living.

My Nana is the owner of a restaurant called Alissa's Mexican food, its best if you ask me. Authentic and made with love. I use to waitress their when I was in middle school but Downey park gave me more benefits and better opportunities, my Nana understood.

I was helping set up the table me and my Cousin Lena. Lena was my favorite cousin, hands down. Not just cause we were both Virgo's and the same age but we could relate to each other. We both looked different from the rest of our family. Lena's dad is Cuban so she has reddish brown  hair hazel eyes and tan skin.

She was beautiful. 

I had brown skin and dark brown hair.

We placed 12 plates, forks and napkins at the table. When we were done we went into the basement. Miranda was on her phone while my Cousin Juan was playing his PlayStation. The older kids got the basement the little kids had the spare bedroom. Juan was my big cousin like a brother almost. He going to Eastern Michigan in the fall, Full scholarship for basketball.

I sat down next to Miranda on the couch. "Did you speak M?" I asked. Barely looking up from her phone she spoke. "I tried, dude was to busy on his game."

I tapped on Juan's shoulder. He nudged me off, I shoved him harder "Can you say hello." I berate. He sighed dropping he controller looking in Miranda's direction. He looked at her and did a double take. "I uh, My bad. I'm Juan." He said looking.... I don't know, shocked. I sighed. Typical, every boy flaunts over Her. Not that I'm jealous...

Ok maybe a little.

She smiled. "So you do have manner's." He chuckled. And shrugged. She chucked as well. "Hi Juan. I'm Miranda," she held out her hand to shake. "Nia's bestfriend."

"Well I'm Nia's Favorite cousin." He cheesed. While side eyeing Lena.

Lena threw popcorn at his head. "You wish loser." She teased. I laugh "Alright, alright settle down I hate everybody in the room equally." I joked. Which caused everyone to laugh.

I sat down in between Lena and Miranda.

I looked over at M's phone. She was texting her boyfriend. I looked over at Lena who was scrolling on the gram. I looked towards Juan who was trapped in his game. Wow kids now days, sucked in there electronics.

Screw it.

I pulled out my phone and began checking my messages.

Nathan: Hey Nia😇

Now why is Nathan texting me.

"Why is Nathan texting you?" Miranda asked being nosey. I move my phone from her view. "Miranda!"