One

Chapter 1

I treaded down the stairs following the smell of pancakes and syrup. I walked into the kitchen to see my aunt at the stove, smiling. Someone seems to be in a good mood.

"Good morning." I say as I took a seat at the island. She smiled at me and placed a plate with pancakes and turkey bacon in front of me.

"Good Morning Nia." Her eyes lit up when she spoke. "You work today?" My aunt asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, praying I don't have to work with the Knuckle head." She chuckled at this. "I don't know why you don't like him, he's a cute kid."

"Cute don't make you attractive." I stated. She nodded in agreement. "Touché."

"Oh! I almost forgot me and Maxwell are going out tonight, so make sure you have your key." I could see the smile in her eyes when she said it. My aunt and her husband been together 20 years since they were kids.

"Okay." was all I said. When I finished the last of my food I grabbed my book bag off the rack and headed out the door. I didn't have a car, couldn't really afford one to be honest but I liked walking to school. It gave me time to prep myself and clear my head.

As I'm strolling down the sidewalk I hear a car coming behind me expecting it to zoom by it it slows down next to me. "Hey Nia."

I looked to see Nathan in his car with his top down. what a show off. "Hey." I said dryly. He smiled. "Don't be like that."

I continue to walk down the street. I started speeding up which I realized was pointless. "Bye Nathaniel."

"I'm trying to be nice here." He pointed out. I shrugged. "Go be nice somewhere else. matter fact go pick up one of your girls of the week. Chelsea right? I think."

He chuckled and started stroking his chin like he was thinking. "I thought about it and I rather pick you up." He flashed a smiled. I had to admit he was cute, ok he's really cute.

"Don't harass me."

"Fine." Was all he said. With that he drove off. Thank the lord. I swear it's like that guy couldn't take a hint.

The rest of my walk I plugged in my head phones and listen to music. 15 minutes later I was walking into the school building.

I hated the breakfast here so I headed to my locker. I opened it and put in my combination looking for my chemistry book and my notebook.

I felt a tap on my shoulder it was Miranda. Miranda Peters one the most beautiful girls at this school if not the most beautiful. She had Pretty long brown hair, large round blue eyes that sparkles in the sun, smooth peach skin and luscious pink lips. Wow, you think I was in to her they way I described her. But I'm just being honest she was pretty.

And for some reason she choose to be friends with me. I'll admit at first it was fun. The partying and stuff but I don't care for all that anymore. College is what I'm focusing on.

I took my head phones out.

"Hey Nia." She smiled. Oh did I mention she had a pearly white smile as well?

I put my head phones away into my locker and placed my phone in my pocket. "Hey M. What's up?"

"Nothing really. I'm just exhausted, I got like zero sleep last night." She whined. I rolled my eyes.

"Let me guess?" She awaited my answer. "You were up on the phone all night with Mark."

The smiled vastly crept on her face. "Ahh yes." She placed her hand on her heart. "I swear I never met a guy like him before. He's so funny and honest and sexy." She cooed over him like a dog would a steak.