CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

REMEMBERING

(EVELYN HAVEN'S POV)

Maaga akong nagising dahil alam kong makakasalubong ko na naman siya and I don't want her to ruin my day.

But luck isn't on my side as I saw her and our parents talking in the dining area laughing like there's no tomorrow.

Hindi ako dumaan sa dining sa halip sa likod ako dumaan diretso sa kitchen. Natagpuan ko doon si Manang na nagagayat ng vegetables para sa salad ko.

"Manang! Good Morning!" Natawa naman ako when she held her heart at mahina akong hinampas. Magugulatin si Manang but I always make sure na hindi aabot sa point na aatakihin siya.

"Manang ako na po" prisinta ko na ako na lang ang gagawa. Hinayaan naman niya ako.

I learned how to cook not because of books but because of her.

'Na dapat si Mom ang nagtuturo sa akin'

"Anong iniisip mo Hija?" Tanong ni Manang umiling lang ako and continue cutting.

"Alam kong iniisip mo na naman na kung bakit ako ang nasa tabi mo mula pagkabata at hindi ang mga magulang mo tama ba?" Hindi ako nakaimik sa sinabi ni Manang.

I remember the day they introduce me to her.

Flashback...

I live my 10 years in America for unknown reason. They never let me go home until I turn 11.

Pagdating sa bahay namin dito sa Pilipinas I felt happy because sa wakas I can have my parents stay with me for a very long time.

They never stay longer than three days with me. They always left and tell me that they have business in here.

Pagbukas ng pinto I saw a girl and by her looks she is older than me. Agad siyang sinalubong nina Mom and Dad ng yakap and I saw them shedding tears.

And there I stand still. Realizing that the reason why they never stay by my side longer because of this girl.

Hindi ako ganoong kainosente kahit sa murang edad. I know that she is my sister because of her dresses that somewhat familiar to me.

'I was the one who choose that'

They always say when we go to the mall that I should choose dress for little girls they support here but I am wrong thinking those are orphans.

"This is Everyln Heaven Bryleigh your older sister. This is Evelyn Haven your little sister" she smiled at me and I smiled back.

We become so close until we turn college. We are inseparable. No one can break our bond as sisters.

Not until that came.

End of flashback

I flinched when I accidentally cut my hand. Napaiwas ako ng tingin as I felt my knees getting weak as I saw blood.

"Dyosko! Hija bakit kasi hindi ka nag-iingat!" And I felt her pulling me and water pour on my hand. My tears started to fall.

Blood everywhere. I saw it again. Napaupo ako and more tears started to fall and I shiver on that memory.

I have a trauma because of a past memory that I cannot forget. The memory that became the reason of our separation.

(EDWARD DASHIELL'S POV)