20 | Casual Night Out

Felix's ringtone echoed through the house, sending him further into panic mode.

"Shiiit~" He sang as he ran to the other side of the room to get his phone, grabbing an empty pizza box he found on his way there.

Struggling to breathe, he answered the phone call and just stood there, too overwhelmed to know what to do next.

"Ray, this is really not the time!" He whined, finally moving towards the trash can to throw away the pizza box.

"I just wanted to ask if you need anything from the store?"

"Uhh yeah, can you get me some hair dye actually?" He asked, looking around to see if everything was in place.

"Sure, usual purple dye?"

"Ahuh."

"You sound stressed, what's up?" Rachel asked.

"Give me a sec." He asked, putting Rachel on speaker and placing the phone on his desk.

Meow!

Felix smiled fondly at the two kitties on his bed before picking them up and gently putting them on the floor so he could fix his sheets.

He finally took one last look around his room. Everything seemed to be in place.

"Ooh, it's almost that time of the day, isn't it?" Rachel asked, he could almost see her raising her eyebrows in a teasing way.

"Yep!" Felix shouted so he could be heard through the call from across the room.

The sound of the bell ringing reached his ears and he hurriedly grabbed his phone and ran downstairs to open the door.

"I gotta go, Ray. Talk to you later!" He said quickly, hanging up before his sister could finish another sentence.
He took a deep breath, put on his biggest smile and opened the door.

"H-Hi!"

"Good morning!" Claire greeted, the look on Felix's face immediately brightening her day.
"I brought you breakfast."

"Aw you didn't have to, thank you so much!" He said, stepping aside for her to come in.

My face is getting warm.

"They're from my dad's bakery. Some croissants, little sandwiches and some red velvet cupcakes."

"Of course you'd get red velvet cupcakes." He laughed and guided her upstairs to his room.

Little scratching sounds could be heard from the other side of the door, and Claire immediately cooed when she remembered about the kittens Felix had adopted the previous week.

"Be careful not to step on them, they're tiny." He said giggling as he opened the door for her.

They carefully entered and the cats greeted them excitedly, meowing and rubbing their little heads against their legs.

"Hi Wookie~" Claire sang, bending down to pet the kitty that she recognized.

"What did you name the other one?" She then asked, taking Wookie in her arms and standing back up.

Felix picked up the other kitty and placed it back on the bed since it seemed to enjoy the warmth of his blanket.

"Her name's Lucy." He answered with a smile, and motioned Claire to place Wookie on the bed too so they could all play together.

"It's very nice to meet you, Lucy." She brought her hand close to the kitty's face so it could smell her and to slowly gain its trust.

"I actually went to the store yesterday and bought them some toys, wanna see?" Felix excitedly clapped his hands.