I've been having quite a slow day. What about you?

I just finished drawing. It's something I like to do :D

I smiled to myself. Daniel does look like the artsy type. I'd flip if he told me he could draw too. I mean we have to have something in common.

That's cool. I have no talents whatsoever. I'm envious.

lol don't say that.

Reading isn't a talent is it? Because that's what I mostly do.

Now that was something we didn't have in common. I didn't like reading. Definitely nothing wrong with the hobby, it just isn't my thing but good for Daniel.

It's a wonder how I made it to university with my anti reading habits.

And who'd have thought that Daniel of all people read novels.

That's actually cool. What genres do you fancy?

I'm a sucker for fantasy.

Nice. Very nice.

Do you read?

Of course I do but not all the time

Okay, that wasn't a total lie. I mean, I had to read my medical laboratory science notes for my exams. That counted too.

Maybe you'll show me some of your art sometime.

Of course.

Daniel wants to see my art, OMG! What is going on!

Daniel's WhatsApp profile picture appeared the moment I saved his number and boy, was it a sight for sore eyes.

It was a beautiful picture of Daniel. Someone had captured him in a moment when he was smiling, his eyes trained someplace else, his hair falling towards his face.

I immediately took a screenshot of the picture. I decided to give a compliment, just to be nice. Not because I was enamoured by him. Certainly not that.

Cute profile pic.

Thank you Kimberly. I like yours too

I went to check mine. A picture of me at the beach, the ocean and sky a backdrop behind me. Aurora had taken that picture. She was an excellent photographer.

Thanks.

Do you like the beach?

Yes. I love watching the sunset at the beach and finding cute shells.

That's cute. I love to surf. Do you go often?

Not as much. Because of school.

Maybe we'll go sometime? If that's okay with you.

Sure. I'd love that.

My heart halted. Daniel wanted us to hang out at the beach together? I tried to stop myself from smiling too much.

And then he sent me a picture of him at the beach. And then another. And another.

There was one I really liked amongst them. In the picture, he was lying on a white and black blanket, his shirtless brown toned body in full view, sand across his chest.

A huge wave of CILS hit me hard and I stared at the picture with an open mouth. Zooming in. Zooming out. Drooling over the cheeky smile on his face.

Another message came in and I was forced to peel my eyes away from the glorious picture.

Just some pictures of my time there last week.

Alone?

With Lucas. He adores me way too much.

Lol lucky you. They're lovely pictures.

You mean, I'm lovely. ;)

If that's what you wish to hear, then sure.

You're lovely, too.

I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.

Ah Daniel, cease this flattery.

It's not flattery. I'm serious.

I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead.

Well, thank you.

You're welcome Kimberly,

I have to go. Thank you for talking to me.

You're welcome Danny.

And then he went offline, leaving me smiling like a sheep at how amazing things have turned out.

My life is officially the best.

• • •