Campfire

"So where did you all come from?" Liam asks. Everyone is sat around the fire, eating smores and roasting hotdogs.

"An orphanage." Shaunda says.

"In America?" Niall asks, cuddling up to Jessie. I growl under my breath and Nikki chuckles, sending me a couple thoughts. Calm down, Mama bear! She chuckles in my head, and I mentally slap her. She pretends to actually get slapped, making me laugh quietly at her attempt to get my mind off of all the girls cuddling up to the guys.

"Yep." Jessie replies. Harry slowly wraps his arm around me and I freeze. I'm mentally freaking out, screaming at Nikki to help. Just as his fingers barely brush over my wings that are under my jacket, he gives everyone a confused look and pulls his hand away. I thank her through her telepathy so she nods, acknowledging that she heard me.

"How on earth did you get here?" Louis asks.

"We uh- well, we got kidnapped. That's why we are starved."

"By who?"

"None of us saw their faces. They always had masks on. We were kind of drugged too, so we don't really remember exactly how we escaped." Shaunda sighs. All of us look at Nikki, who congratulates Shaunda mentally on her awesome story.

"That's mad!" Liam leans back, straightening his spine, aligning his shoulders backward as his eyes widen; a gesture I've noticed he has when he's surprised. He also lays a hand on his knee and the other rests in his lap.

"Yeah, I guess." Jessie shrugs.

"Hey, can I show you something?" I jump as Harry whispers against my ear. I look to Nikki for reassurance that he won't try anything and she gives me a curt nod before joining back into the conversation. My eyes slowly avert to Harry's, giving him a quick nod and letting him take my hand as he leads me into the bus. "Here. Eat this."  He smiles, giving me a piece of cake on a plate, then leading me to the back of the bus.

It seems as if the back of the bus ends at a mirror, but then Harry surprises me as he taps something on the wall and the mirror slides away to reveal a sort of game room. "Is this where you boys brawl?" I ask. He laughs loudly, dimples evident on his cheeks, looking at me from the corner of his eye as he brings his head back down.

"Pretty much." He smirks, sitting down on the couch. I hesitate as he pats the spot next to him, but sigh, deciding that you only live once anyway. My head lays comfortably on his shoulder and we just sit there quietly. "Alina?" He whispers, looking down at me.

"Yes?" I look right back up at him.

"Do you wanna dance with me?" He bites his lower lip as if he is nervous to ask.

"Me?" My eyes widen.

"No. The other Alina named George." He chuckles. I sarcastically sigh and look away.

"Oh. Well, fine then." A fake frown finds its way to my lips.

"Oh, just get up here and dance with me." He groans. He grabs my lower back and yanks me upward, into him, swaying us back and forth. "Um… Alina?" He completely freezes.

"Yeah?" I mumble, laying my head on his chest.

"What is this?" He asks. His hand moves upward and gently squeezes on my wing. Oh, no….