Mute Serum

"The Angel Experimentation list . . . If we leave before you're finished, you could get really sick. They're changing your lungs and breathing abilities. It's why I can fly so high and still breathe without my lungs collapsing." I explain to him. "He started on you before I woke up so I couldn't do anything about it." I sob, scooting to the far corner of the cage and putting my head between my knees while I cry.

"Hey . . . " He mumbles. "It will be alright, Alina. Don't cry." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap.

"It won't . . . You have an entire fan-base . . . What are you going to do? A-and it's so painful . . . I don't want you to go through this. It's all my fault!" I shove myself from his lap and turn my back to him. I can't help but let out a sob as he runs his hand through my hair and down my wings. He cares so much, but I don't deserve a bit of it.

***

"Alina, my darling . . . How are you today?" Dr. Franco steps up to the cage with a smirk on his face. Harry looks at me then at Franco and his grip tightens. I stayed mad for at least twenty minutes until Harry just pulled me into his lap. We have been sitting like this for over three hours.

"Go die in a hole!" I spit at him, my voice raised with pure anger.

Franco chuckles, clicking his tongue. "Someone got a voice . . . I can fix that if you don't keep quiet, Alina." He smirks. I shut my mouth immediately.

"Don't you dare!" Harry growls.

"Ah, don't worry. It's only temporary." He chuckles. "Lasts up to a maximum of twelve hours. Minimum of two. How are you liking our new experiment, Alina? He looks like he'll turn out great!" He exclaims with a bunch of laughter and an evil smirk.

"Shut up! He doesn't deserve this! He deserves to be free!" I scream, fighting Harry as he tries to hold me back. "He's not an experiment! He's human!" I grab the cage and shake it as I scream, gasping when I feel something stab my hand.

"Thank you, Alina. I knew that would work. Just needed a way to try out this new serum. That was a perfect excuse you just gave me to try it." My eyes widen and I stare at my hand as he pulls a needle out.

"Harry . . . " I whisper, coughing, and falling into his lap weakly. The serum works almost immediately. I can't make any kind of sound with my vocal chords. I cry for the millionth time, today, but this time, it's silent.

"Come on, Alina. It's your testing time." Dr. Franco grabs me and yanks me out of the cage, dragging me straight to the lab. Every time I try to look back at Harry, he shoves my head down. I'm in big trouble. If I could scream and yell at him, I would, but I can't. So I fight. I kick, jump, and wiggle in attempt to get free from his grip, but I can't do anything about it.

"Put her in the arena. She needs to test." He orders, shoving me into one of the new scientists. She gives a curt nod and pulls me toward the door, gently pushing me in and closing the door behind us.

"Don't get yourself killed. I'll get you and Harry out of here as soon as he's ready." Her thoughts force themselves into my head. What?! She's not an experiment! And she's got Harry's accent. As if reading my thoughts, she replies, "I asked for it as a way of payment to keep quiet. But now I can interpret their every moves. Hear them coming. Know their plans. I didn't  expect them to capture someone famous . . . To capture my brother." I give her a confused look. Brother? "I'm Gemma Styles."

A/N

Ooooooh who saw that coming?!