Chapter 22: Lightning Speed!!!

Start from the beginning

Ana gave Senku an item she picked up from Chrome's many collection, "This is Copper, yeah?" She asked, recognizing it as the same as the thing that she stripped off of wires and collecting them to use for something when she was a kid.

"Wow, you've even got some Copper in here?" Senku pointed out, looking at the Copper Ana handed to him.

"Yeah, but it's pretty so I don't want to break it!" Chrome exclaimed, following the two up to the storehouse.

"We'll melt it and turn it into Copper wire." Ana decided, not actually listening to what Chrome said but she heard him.

"Yeah, that's what I had in mind, too." Senku agreed immediately.

"ARE YOU TWO LISTENING, GODDAMNIT?!"

Senku put a hand under his chin and also ignoring Chrome, "After that... We just need some lightning to some..."

"Lightning, huh...?" Ana's nose twitched, William suddenly slithered away from Ana's neck and hid further behind her curtain of vantablack-colored hair as he sensed some disturbance in the surroundings.

The two of them went back out and down on the ground along with others after getting their needed Copper. Ana made her way beside Lalaine, linking their arms and putting her head on Lalaine's shoulder. She hummed for a second as a playful idea struck her.

"If a god is listening to me out there, give us some lightning right... About... Now..." Ana chanted playfully, snapping her fingers in time with the last word of her sentence. It's not like lightning will come out by her praying, anyway.

Either way, Ana continued with one last call, "Lightning, huh... Lord Zeus...?"

There was a thunderclap and then the booming sound of a lightning, it illuminated the area for a short moment as it did.

Lalaine, Ana and Senku all gaped at what just happened as the others were staring in mild surprise at where the lightning just occured. Especially Ana, whose face then morphed into one of a grinning surprise.

"Cosmos... Did that really just happened...?" She turned to Lalaine, "Laine... Did... Did you see that?" She asked, lauguhing breathlessly.

"Bro... You're a fucking demigod...?!" Marveled Lalaine.

"It really did come...!" Suika gasped.

Senku could be seen shaking in the background, Ana followed suit as she realized the reason why he was shaking and it's not because of fear of lightning.

"Ah! Well, it is lightning seaon!" Kohaku smiled.

"We're seriously lucky! Or was it Ana's? Whatever, this is saying something!" Chrome chirped.

"NO! IT'S COMPLETELY THE OTHER WAY ROUND!-" Senku informed.

"-THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST! WE'RE NOT EVEN A MILLIMETER READY YET!!" Continued Ana, now showing her mild panicked state.

"WAAAAH!!"

"KYAAAAA!!!"

The villagers who paid for eating ramen screamed out as they ran away and back to their village in fright. Gen looked at them while sweatdropping.

"THE 'SKY'S ANGER' LIGHTNING HAS COME! IF IT HITS YOU, YOU'RE DEAD!! GET ALL THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN INTO THE HOUSES!!" Announced by a villager as they took note of the darkening skies.

"Don't tell me you two are making a lightning generator?" Gen inquired, crossing his arms.

"That doesn't exist." Senku pointed out.