Chapter fifty-three: Luke

After dinner, Ashton and I decided to go to his place and say hi. I haven't seen his siblings and Mrs Irwin in two weeks and I kinda missed the Irwin family. We walked to the familiar apartment hands in hands, sharing chaste kisses here and there.

''Shouldn't we knock if we want to do a surprise?'' I asked as Ashton was about to turn the handle and open the door. 

He shrugged. ''I don't know.. We could sneak in and sream surprise?'' he sugested. 

''I don't think that's a good idea. We might give your mother an cardiac arrest.''

He giggled. ''You're right. II'll just open the door.'' So that's what he did. 

''Hey, mum,'' he yelled, taking off his jacket and boots as I did the same. 

''Hi Ashy!'' she yelled back in a cheerful tone that reminded me a lot of her son. 

''I brought a surprise for you,'' he added, smiling at me widely. I can tell he's happy to see me and so am I. I missed Ashton so much during these past two weeks. I can't wait to come back to England and live with the Irwin family again. 

''You did? Aw, you didn't have to. You know I don't like you spending money on me..''

''I didn't spend anything, mum,'' he giggled, wrapping his arms around my middle to nuzzle against me. 

''What? Ashton Fletcher Irwin, you better not have stolen anything,'' she warned in a serious voice.

''I'm not a thief.'' 

''You better not.'' We heard footsteps and soon enough, Mrs Irwin stood in front of us. ''Luke!'' she exclaimed. ''It's good to see you, Sweetie. We've all missed you so much.'' She pulled me in her arms, hugging me tightly. ''What are you doing here? Are you staying for good?'' 

I shook my head. ''Sadly, no. I have to go tomorrow. I wish I could stay longer but that's not my choice but my manager's.'' 

''Ashton must've been surprised to see you. You said you wouldn't be back till a few more weeks, am I right?'' 

''He didn't told you?'' She shook her head and Ashton was looking at the floor, guilt visible on his face. ''He knew I'd be in London today. I mailed him a bracelet for my signing in London and said we'll meet up that day.''

''Ashton! Why did you do that?'' 

''I'm sorry. I wanted to keep Luke for myself..'' I chuckled and kissed his forehead. 

Mrs Irwin shook her head at her son. ''It's sad Lauren and Harry are not there, they'd be happy to see you.'' 

''Were are they?'' Ashton asked, not seeing them around the apartment. It was weird. Ususaly you can hear Harry making noises or annoying his sister and Lauren yelling at him to go away. But the small flat was empty of voices expect for us. 

''Lauren's at her friend's house and Harry's at the park down the road with his friends. He should be home shortly for dinner and so is Lauren.'' 

''Great. So me and Luke are gonna go in my room then. Don't tell Lauren and Harry that Luke is here, we want it to be a surprise.'' 

She nodded, hugging her 'second son' as she call him and left. 

  Ashton and I went to his room and like always, I laid on his bed, as he glared at me for being a lazy person. I'm just really tired all the time. It's not my fault. He sat beside me and rolled on his side, cuddling against my side. 

''Now that we are alone, why don't you tell me about you and your father's conversation?'' 

''You sure you wanna hear that?'' I asked, chuckling dryly.