Chapter seventeen: Luke

Ashton pulled away, breaking the kiss as our eyes locked together, staring. Without thinking, I  cupped the back of Ashton's neck and pulled him forward pressing our lips together. He seemed surprised by my gesture - and so was I - but didn't hesitate to kiss back. 

I could immediately tell the curly haired boy wasn't very experimented since his movement were a little clumsy but I tried to not pay to much attention to it. The kiss was messy, lips moving against each other, searching for more. I smirked when I heard a small sound escaping Ashton's mouth, feeling proud of myself for doing that. wanting to test the limits, I decided to leave his mouth to trail my kisses down to his jaw and then his neck. 

''You can touch me, you know,'' I whispered in his ear, chuckling a little, amused by his shyness. ''Don't be shy,'' I added, pressing a kiss under his lobe and trailing back down to his neck, sucking a bruise there. 

He was still hesitating but put a hand on my waist and I pulled him closer, his chest pressing against mine. He gasped, surprised but didn't moved. I pressed my lips back on his, lifting myself on my knees and hovering over him as I felt his hands on my back, gripping at my tee shirt. 

''We're calling Luke Hemmings on the main stage for rehearsal, Luke Hemmings,'' said a voice in the speaker.

''I-I  have to go,'' I announced, breathless.

  After the rehearsal I was told to change into my stage clothes and that the arena would start to fill up. I  could hear people talking in their seats as I was trying to put my hair up in a quiff. I tried to stay calm like Ashton told me to earlier and breathe. The last one being the most important. Once I was dressed, I closed my dressing room door to block any sounds and sat on the couch, my eyes closed and tried to relax and stay focused on my performance for tonight. I can't let myself be affected by Ashton and I's make out session and let my mind get carried away. No. 

Someone came for me five minutes before I enter on stage so I could get ready to enter. As soon as I walked on stage, I heard screams and people cheering for me and calling my name. I smiled at them, pleased that they liked me and want to hear me sing.

''I can't remember the last time I saw your face

I feel so lonely when I'm in a crowded space

You left me without direction..'' 

I looked at the crowd as the words left my mouth easily. On stage I felt happy. I felt at home. This is my place. This is where I want to be for the rest of my life. Hearing the sound of the crowd cheering for me give me an amazing feeling inside. 

'' 'Cause I've been from place to place

Trying to bring you back

I've walked for days and days

'Cause I can't face the fact

That nothing is better than you

I'm coming because I need to find you

Is anybody there who can rescue

Somebody like me?

'Cause I'm just waiting

For somebody like you

Somebody like you

Without you I'm a lost boy

Come find me I'm a lost boy

'Cause without you I'm a lost boy...''

  When I left the stage and went backstage, I went straight to my dressing room, trying to keep my calm till the end of the show at least. I can't allow myself to have another panic attack today. Who knows, I might end up at the hospital.. These things can be dangerous, you know. 

I was surprised to find the room empty when I enter. I would've swear I saw Ashton running backstage after I was finish singing. I'd recognize his dimpled face among thousands. I sat on the small couch and put my face in my hands, hoping my performance wasn't too bad. The crowd seemed pleased with it but this time, there's judges who have a huge impact on the choice of finalist. 

''I'm sorry for being late, there was a very long line at the girl's bathroom and we have to pass there to get here- enough ramble. You were good. I mean, really good, Luke,'' he told me when he showed up in the doorway.

''Thanks,'' I replied, scratching the back of my neck, uncomfortable. 

''Are you okay?'' he asked once again today. I feel like 'are you okay' is the sentence Ashton and I ask each other the most. Maybe it's good, it means we care about each other's well being, right? I nod but stayed silent. ''We have to talk,'' he announced after a moment of sitting awkwardly on the small couch next to me.

''We  have to,'' I agreed. ''Why did you kiss me?'' I asked, feeling suddenly bold.

''I-I read somewhere that holding your breath can make a panic attack go so..'' he explained. 

''Oh..'' I nodded.

Ashton was about to say something else but we got interrupt by someone knocking on the door-frame, saying I needed to go on stage for the last presentations before the vote starts. I got up and promised him I would be back soon so we can finish this conversation. 

  The navy blue dressed lady repeated everyone's name one by one and explained to the public how to vot for their favourite so the judges could deliberate afterwards. I was stressed as fuck up on the stage. My hands were shaky and I had to bite my lips to help lowering my stress down. I know it's bad, my mother always told me off for doing that but it's an habit. 

I looked trough the crowd, trying to spot my friends. I could see Calum in the back, talking to a blonde and Michael was no where to be seen for the moment. I felt the urge to smoke a cigarette but I don't think I am allowed to do that on stage. 

We stood for what felt like an hour - fifteen minutes maybe - before someone handed the lady an envelope - probably containing the name of tonight's finalist. Everyone sat back in their seat when she asked them to, ready to tear open the envelope. 

I saw Michael and Calum both in the second row, looking very nervous and I couldn't help but chuckled. I am the one who was performing and waiting for the winer's name to be revealed, not them. I should be the one stressing out. I could also see Ashton giving me two thumbs up from behind the curtain backstage. 

''And the winner is..'' 

A/N I really wanted to apologize for this chapter because it's super short and the reason of that is because I am trying to both write and watch the VMAs online.. Bad, bad, bad idea!! I can't help it, I really want to see 5SOS and Ariana Grande performing (and winning!) tonight. I feel like this chapter is rushed and I am not liking too much.. I hope you still liked the chapter, the next one will be better - or maybe the next after the next one, haha. Don't forget to vote and comments. ( 8 comments before the next update)