"'Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore"

A/N: Hello, Wattpad world! 🌎 This is a song
request from diana_S_A_m (As always, thank you so much for requesting!). I hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think! 😊💕
Song: "'Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore" by Bon Jovi ft. Leann Rhimes
Rating: Everyone

P.s. I just wanna do a quick shout out to diana_S_A_m since she sent this request. Everyone, if you haven't already, please go check out her book of MacGyver Imagines! She's been working incredibly hard on her stories lately, so go show her some love! 🖤

***

The team is on the deck playing beer pong (Bozer's idea, of course). Bozer and Mac are on one team while you and Riley are on the other.

Mac just sunk, yet again, another ping pong perfectly, forcing Riley to chug an entire cup.

"Come on, Riles. You have to do it," he teases.

"I think we should switch teams. Mac makes every single throw," she argues to everyone.

"It's just physics," he retorts.

Riley rolls her eyes, and that's when Bozer and Mac start chanting, "Chug, chug, chug!"

Then, you hear the door ring. "I'll get it," you say as Riley begins to chug. "Don't keep playing without me," you warn.

Moving through the kitchen and past the living room, you open the front door, expecting someone to be standing there. Matty had said earlier that she might swing by.

But, your face faulters when you see no one there. When you look down, a package sits on the front step. You notice it's addressed to Mac, but there's no return address.

You crouch down to pick it up and turn back toward the kitchen, kicking the door shut behind you with your foot. But, as you do, you hear an undeniable click from within the package. Your eyes widen, and your breath hitches. You know exactly what that sound means.

You stand frozen, not sure what to do, staring down at the package in your hands.

Finally, you're not sure how much time goes by, but Mac walks through the kitchen with empty beer bottles. He sees you and asks, "Who was at the door?" Then, he notices your face and stops. "Are you okay?"

"Mac," you whisper. He walks forward, but you tell him, "No, don't! This package... it was on your door step."

"Did you see who left it?"

"No. When I picked it up, I heard a click from inside. Mac, I think there's a bomb in here."

His face turns somber, all color draining from it. His agent side kicks in immediately. "Okay, Y/N," look at me," he beckons.

You look up at him, focusing on his voice. He slowly walks toward you. "I need you to keep pressure on the box, focus on your hands, and breathe in slowly."

"Mac, please don't come closer."

"It's okay. I'm just going to take a look at it."

That's when Riley comes walking in. "What are you guys doing? If you don't get back out here, Bozer's gonna drink the rest of the beer."