"In The Name of Love"

A/N: Hi everyone! Wow, it feels like it's been forever since I updated! I'm sorry it's taken sooooo long, but I am finally fulfilling a request I got from diana_S_A_m As always, I hope you like it. 💜💜💜 Also, happy (almost) Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans out there! 😊🍁
*P.s. The Song is by Bebe Rexha and Martin Garrix, in case you didn't know!
Rating: Everyone (But, some minor language)

***

"Of course you would say that!" you argue in a hushed tone, trying not to draw too much attention.

"What exactly does that mean?" Mac retaliates.

"I think you know. You just don't want to admit that, without me, you never would have gotten that guy."

"That is not..."

"That is enough!" Matty finally interjects you both. "You two can bicker on your own time. Right now we have much more pressing matters."

Mac gives you the familiar side eye, and you roll your eyes in his direction, trying to keep your mouth shut.

It's been like this with him pretty much ever since you joined the team. Since day one, it's been nothing but competition between you two, even over the smallest things at this point.

Something about him just rubs you the wrong way. Maybe you only feel that way because you don't want to admit the truth to yourself...

Nevertheless, you toss your thoughts to the side as you turn your attention back to your boss and the mission at hand. "Murdoc has been on the run for far too long. With this new intel, we have a better shot at finding him than we have in months. Jill was one of our own, and I don't care what it takes, but we will find him and bring him to justice once and for all. Am I clear?"

"Yes ma'am," you all affirm in unison.

***

A few hours later, you park down the street from the house of a man whom you suspected has been working with Murdoc... just another sad soul he's recruited to do his dirty work.

You and the team are on the prowl through the yard just at dusk. You and Bozer take the west side of the house, while Mac and Riley take the east.

All is quiet until you hear something rustle nearby, then see a figure running past you in the darkness. You sprint off in the same direction and inside through the house.

You carefully scout out each room, following in the direction of the unidentified figure, but you find no one there.

But, just then, you hear a door behind you close, and you whirl around to find Murdoc standing in front of you with a sly grin spread across his face.

"I guess the cat just became the mouse in this situation," he suggests coyly.

He pulls a gun out of his pocket and points it in your direction.

"Don't do this, Murdoc."

Just as he's about to reply, Mac comes busting through the door, chest heaving. But, before you can react, Murdoc grabs you into a tight headlock.

"Ah, Boy Scout! I thought you'd never get here. I'm glad you didn't let me down. But, one step closer and your friend here will meet her fate. Just like your other little work friend, oh what was her name? Jill, was it?"

"You son of a bitch. Let her go," Mac grits his teeth in fury.

But, Murdoc points his gun toward Mac, still holding you around the neck.